My wife and I visited Borjs de la Kasbah for 3 nights to celebrate her birthday after making a last minute booking with Expedia. The reviews here on Tripadvisor helped me to choose and I have to say I was in no way disappointed by this excellent and charming small hotel.
We arranged for the hotel to pick us up from the Airport (for a price of 15 euros) and we were taken right to the door of the hotel which is in the Kasbah area of the Medina (the old town). The outside is very unimpressive but once you step through the doors off the noisy street you enter an oasis of charm and calm. We were greeted by friendly staff who invited us to have some mint tea in the courtyard whilst we waited for our room to be prepared. The courtyard is beautiful and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly.
We were then shown around the hotel and then taken to our room. We had booked a suite and arrived at room 202 which has a private balcony which overlooks the outdoor restaurant area. The room itself was excellent. Sofa, chairs, satellite TV, minibar then up a level to the bed and a great en-suite with bath and shower. There were flower petals on the bed and spread around the bathroom. There was a bowl of fruit and complimentary water. The room was very clean and very comfortable. Very quiet at night and complete with heating which is useful as it can get a little chilly at night in January (even though daytime temperatures were 28C).
The hotel has a lovely heated outdoor pool and a spa (which sadly we did not get around to using so cannot comment).
The hotel also has beautiful outdoor areas in Moroccan style. There is an internet area and you can pick up wifi in most of downstairs area including the restaurant - but not in the rooms.
There is also a bar, which you often will not get in a Riad - so an added bonus.
Breakfast was great, with a choice of fruits, cereals, bread, homemade yoghurt. You could also have eggs, omelettes etc and a selection of Morrocan pancakes cooked to order.
We did eat in the restaurant twice. Even though the food was very good I would say that this was the weakest aspect of the hotel as it was not up to the standard that the website had led us to believe. However, the service was good and the environment was lovely.
From the hotel you can walk to the Jemaa el Fna square within about 10 minutes. This is a very safe walk (as long as you don't get run over by a moped). If you are feeling adventurous you can also get there via the maze of small passageways of the Kasbah by just entering the passage directly opposite the hotel. So the position of the hotel is ideal - you are in a quiet corner of the Medina but within an easy reach of all the action.
The staff were always very helpful throughout. Always available to answer any questions. All spoke good English.
If I ever go back to Marrakech I would definitely go straight back to the Borjs del le Kasbah as I do not believe you could do much better.
- Also Known As:
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Borjs de la Kasbah is a charming boutique hotel (opened in 2007) combining all the character of a traditional riad with the modern comforts and professionalism of a luxury hotel. Adjoining two borjs (defensive towers), the hotel stands at the southern edge of the walled city, close to the royal palace, a 15-20 min walk through the kasbah from the Place Jemaa. There are 18 rooms, 3 lounges, a bar, restaurant and meeting room, all with free internet access. In a separate, secluded part of the complex there is also a 10m swimming pool (a rarity in the kasbah), with poolside bar, and a spa with traditional hammam, massage rooms and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Les Borjs de la Kasbah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.