I recently stayed at this wonderful Riad with my grown up daughter, and this Riad was the best part of our stay in Marrakech.
Its a lovely traditional classic Moroccan Riad, beautifully designed, situated centrally in the Kasbah, close to the Royal Palace, and within easy access of all the Souks etc.
I had an offer of four nights for the price of three, which was half board, so we had all our evening meals at the Riad. The food was reasonable in price and excellent I have to say. There is nothing not to like about this Riad, with the exception of it would have been nice to have had tea/coffee facilities in the rooms. I asked for room 303 when making the booking and they were really kind in giving me this room. There was a lovely courtyard with a water fountain in the middle, plus a swimming pool at the rear f the property.
The only slight thing that happened, which was more annoying than anything, was on the last night, when washing my hair in the shower, the water stopped. I went down to the reception to be told it would be back on again shortly. It only happened the once, but by the time that the water came on again, I had managed to get chilled (the weather was quite chilly in the evenings) and needless to say I came back home to the UK with a stinking cold.
The staff were extremely helpful and polite at all times. They used to put flower petals on your bed and sink every day.
Unfortunately the weather was really mixed during our stay. I had a couple of days where I sat by the pool for a short while when the sun did actually decide to come out. Generally the weather was quite chilly at times, it was grey and cloudy then pouring with rain on our last day.
During our stay, we used to walk up to the Souks most days, and also went round the Royal Palace. You would see the snake charmers, and the monkeys in the square. We used the taxi service through the Riad to be collected from the airport and then again going back to the airport.
If I ever decide to go back to Marrakech I would most certainly stay at this lovely Riad again.
- Also Known As:
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel
- Les Borjs De La Kasbah Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Les Borjs de la Kasbah is a charming boutique hotel (opened in 2007) combining all the character of a traditional riad with the modern comforts and professionalism of a luxury hotel. Adjoining two borjs (defensive towers), the hotel stands at the southern edge of the walled city, close to the royal palace, a 15-20 min walk through the kasbah from the Place Jemaa. There are 18 rooms, 3 lounges, a bar, restaurant and meeting room, all with free internet access. In a separate, secluded part of the complex there is also a 10m swimming pool (a rarity in the kasbah), with poolside bar, and a spa with traditional hammam, massage rooms and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Les Borjs de la Kasbah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.