“An amazing start to our honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Al Massarah

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Al Massarah
26 Derb Djedid | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40030, Morocco   |
Ranked #20 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Montreal, Canada
“An amazing start to our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed at Riad Al-Massarah for six nights at the start of our honeymoon in Morocco. We can't say enough about this wonderful Riad. The building is gorgeous, traditional with modern touches and a plunge pool that proved an essential way to deal with the +40C heat. The service is amazing--far and away the best we experienced in Morocco. We were met with champagne and a lovely dinner, and enjoyed a scrub in Al-Massarah's in-house hammam. Owners Michael and Michel provide excellent advice and interesting reflections on life in Morocco. Their concern for promoting responsible, sustainable tourism comes through in many different ways. We would highly recommend staying at Al-Massarah, and have already recommended it to friends.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

322 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

My partner and I came here as a side trip from the UK in December (we are from Sydney, Australia) - a short break while spending xmas in the UK with family. What an oasis in the heart of this amazing medieval city. We chose to stay here based on all the wonderful reviews on trip advisor and it surpassed all our expectations. Michel and Michael were brilliant, they could not have been more welcoming and helpful, making our stay in Morocco a wonderful experience. Highly highly highly recommended! Lizzie & Stu

Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

Don't get me wrong with the title comment. Riad Al Massarah is first class in every way, shape and physical form. However the really distinctive thing is the people - Michael, Michel and all of their team are endlessly helpful, friendly and hospitable. Restaurant bokings - can do, train tickets - can do, teenage son wants jeans fixed - can do, teenage sons want to come in at 3.00am from night out - no problem ( yes we are sorry about that !!). And then of course there is the chef - he ought to be tied down to make sure he never leaves - an evening meal on the roof terrace with one of his creations is really something to make you think that all is well with the world.

But lets not ignore the physical side of things. They maintain the place immaculately. Michel ( and I think he is the one responsible) is one of those people who has just the right creative touch - everything is just perfect. If there was one problem with Al Massarah it is that it made everywhere else we stayed in Morocco look less favourable in comparison.

The Lee Family

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff with beautiful and unique accomodations. A great respite from the craziness of Marrakesh!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I visited Riad Al Massarah on the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there last October. This friend is quite difficult to please so I knew if it suited her it would be fine for me. I was more than delighted with every aspect of my stay. Everyone at the Riad, Michael, Michel and all the staff took lots of time to ensure my visit was a success and the things I personally would enjoy in Marrakesh would be made possible. I particularly enjoyed the exfoliation experience in the local, 16th century, hammam accompanied by one of the Riad part time helpers whose attentive and respectful manner ensured I felt like a VIP . It was very hot weather but my air conditioned room was a cool haven and the plunge pool very refreshing. Must go back !!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Herefordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

From the moment we received confirmation of our booking we just knew this was going to be a great Riad with superb service and it was! Michael, Michel and the riad team gave us marvellous customer service from beginning to end for example restaurants and transport that we required were books and also recommendation for restaurants and shops were given when asked. Our friend had a problem with his knee whilst we were there and needed a bandage, one was organised for him in moments. We wanted somewhere to watch the Valencia F1 and the World Cup it was sorted.

Just steps from the hustle and bustle that is Marrakech, this riad is super, traditional with a modern twist; every detail in our rooms had been thought through from the cotton buds in the bathroom to the quiet air conditioning system, the rooms were spotless and nicely decorated. We took breakfast on the roof terrace daily; a slightly different breakfast everyday was great.

Michael and Michel brilliant team are a credit to them; some of the big chain hotels could do with taken a few lessons from them.

I would recommend this riad to anyone who appreciates first class service!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

I should have written this a long time ago, because this was one of the best places I have stayed. From the start when I contacted Michael and Michel by email, they were so helpful and accommodating. It made booking the holiday a pleasure. We arrived late and they gave us precise instructions where to go by taxi, but we opted for them to arrange transport for us and there was someone there to greet us when we arrived to take us the last few hundred metres to the Riad. These are two of the most helpful and friendly guys you'll ever meet.

The Riad was just beautiful and a calm oasis and just the perfect place to sit back and relax after wondering around Marrakech. As soon as we came back after a day out, we used to request tea out on the balcony and it was there within 5 minutes. Both Michael and Michel were so helpful in guiding us around the town and where to go, organising trips etc. We booked dinner at Le Foundouk, well actually Michel did for us on the terrace and he organised a guide to take us there through the winding streets - it was fantastic. These guys are a wealth of knowledge and if you book, rely on their knowledge.

The Riad itself was beautifully decorated and better than some top hotels I've been to. They had a Turkish style bath where you could get massages etc, which was perfect. Breakfast up on the roof was beautiful every morning, a perfect start to the day. The Riad itself is very secure and staff are always around, so your belongings are always safe and there is a night watchman in case you need anything.

All I can say, is that you will not be disappointed if you stay and I highly recommend that you stay in the old part of town as everything is easily accessible and you can appreciate the authenticity of Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Al Massarah? Share your experiences!