“Fantastic calm and relaxing place to saty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Al Massarah

We can't find prices for this hotel
Riad Al Massarah
You added Riad Al Massarah to your Saves list
26 Derb Djedid | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40030, Morocco   |
Ranked #17 of 474 Hotels in Marrakech
Durham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic calm and relaxing place to saty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

Excellent very well placed Riad and the owners Michael and Michel are warm, welcoming and very informative.
The food is excellent, and breakfast on the terrace wonderful. We were lucky enough to have the terrace room so could enjoy the night time sights and sounds from the roof.
The plunge pool is so refreshing after a day in the city.
We would stay here again and recommend to everyone we know.
Cheap and cheerful food at Chez Yaseem a short walk away.

Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This first class Riad should not be missed. My friend and I are seasoned travelers and were extremely impressed by everything we experienced here--the hospitality was outstanding. Michel and Michael went over and above to make us feel at home and were incredibly helpful with tips and advice about the sites and shopping in Marrakech. The food was amazing, as was the decor--the attention to detail and the warm, lush rooms made our stay feel like an oasis. The hammam experience should also not be missed! We were so impressed that we stayed an extra night and took a recommended day trip outside of the city--we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I think when I arrived at Riad Al Massarah I was walking around with my mouth open with a shocked look of pleasure on my face fot at least fifteen minutes. Walking through the bustling lanes of Marrakech in the dark after first touching down and opening the large wooden doors of the Riad I could not have been more overwhelmed, suprised and delighted! The word magical does not even describe how beautiful Riad Al Massarah is. It was by far my favourite Riad in the whole of Morrocco and in all honesty we stayed at some delightful places in all four of the Ancient Cities.

I cant fault Riad Al Massarah and woud not want to as we had the most lovely of stays. One of the highlights and standouts were the utterly delicious breakfasts and dinners. Every morning we woke to breakfast being served on our balcony overlooking the center courtyard. At night before going to bed I often thought about the next mornings breafast delights and would get so excited that I would dream of them in my sleep. My favourite being the french toast encrusted in sesamme seeds and served with organic honey! AMAZING!

Michael and Michelle though it sounds cliche were the perfect hosts. I had such a pleasant time getting to know the both of them and consider them both friends.

All in all I reccommend this stunning Riad in the hope that people will visit and stay at Riad Al Massarah and enjoy themselves as much as I did. It will be an experience I will cherrish forever.

• Stayed December 2010
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

My husband and I decided to "splurge" on our recent trip to Marrakesh as it was the last stop on our honeymoon during which we traveled throughout Morocco. I use splurge in quotation marks as the price was actually more than reasonable and for the experience I would actually say that it was a steal! Marrakesh, while beautiful, is also extremely overwhelming and chaotic and stepping into Riad Al Massarah, conveniently located right inside the exciting Medina, was an instant oasis. Michael, Michel, and David were so helpful at helping us navigating the city and make the most of our 3 days. The extended staff was AMAZING, always there when we needed anything but also giving us the space to relax and feel at ease. The room was beautiful and super clean and comfortable, the food was delicious, and all the extra touches were above and beyond. We would stay again in a second!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

This Riad is what every boutique hotel should aspire to be! Impeccable taste, flawless service! Not even the fact that one of the basins in our room had a leak tarnishes the experience!

The riad is simply beautiful - It's better than home - a true oasis in the hectic streets of Marrakech Medina. Every detail has been taken care of. From the toiletries provided to the home-made yoghurt served on cute little glass jars. Not to mention the decoration.

Definitely our best find in Marrakech!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

A small piece of Luxury.

What a delightful Riad! Every single detail is adhered to by the very kind and hospitable French owners. From the fantastically trained & well mannered staff to the quality of the bed linen, robes and towels.
The breakfast experience was also a delight with fresh exotic fruit in a formal dining setting. It's a little oasis in the middle of  the very hectic city of Marrakech. It may be very luxurious but it didn't come with the price tag. I would recommend this place over any other riad I stayed in Morocco.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

Absolutely recommended. Perfect. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2011

Been to Riad Al Massarah? Share your experiences!