“Great club med experience with more luxury” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Marrakech le Riad

We can't find prices for this hotel
Club Med Marrakech le Riad
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Sidi Yahya, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #203 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Paris
“Great club med experience with more luxury”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

In the middle of the Palm grove, The hotel is 60 suites with either their private garden or private terrace on the roof top. The hotel is decorated with a Moroccan contemporary style. Peaceful and luxurious atmosphere.
Le Riad show a complete new way of enjoying all included package. And as far as I am concerned Club med has adapt is business model brilliantly

Hotelixir.com

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been going to Club Med for years, but Le Riad is a cut above everything they've done before. Tucked away in the back of the main resort, it's really an oasis of calm and sophistication.
First the rooms: they're wonderful, with either a roof terrace or a small garden. Comfy beds, a coffee machine and a soft-drink mini bar.
The Riad pool is divine - deep and quiet, with bar staff to take your orders.
We nearly always took the simple lunch served here - so nice sometimes to be served rather than face another buffet. On saying that, the food in the main restaurant was always wonderful with a great choice.
You get the best of both worlds here... you can take advantage of all the activities Club Med has to offer (great tennis teachers btw) but you can escape to the peace and calm of Le Riad. And as we always do at Club Med, we met loads of fab, interesting people; it helps if you speak a little French.
Look, Five-Star Club Med is not going to match up with Five-Star Four Seasons. But the staff, led by Florian, were always friendly, smiley and always ready to say hello and help with any problems. And they try desperately hard to create a five-star atmosphere. They also work very very hard.
If I were to point out a weak link, it would be house-keeping. This was not a five-star service. A couple of times we had to ask for fresh towels and shampoo (after a couple of days). One day our room wasn't done at all - this also happened to a friend we met there. The mini-bar was rarely properly stocked up. When they got it right though, it was great, with rose petals on the bed and a turn down service.
So, thanks Club Med for another fabulous holiday. As I said earlier, I've been coming to Club Med for twenty odd years and was always the only gay in the village. It's really great to see a lot more gay couples / singles using the company. It's all-inclusive in more ways than one.

Room Tip: We took the roof terrace with a big bed and outside shower - nice views!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Florent F, Resident Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Mr Newsman ;)

thank you to have spent your holidays with us.

It was a great pleasure to have you and you partner here at the Riad and we also have a fantastic week due to your enthusiasm and you happiness.

We hope to welcome you again soon and don't forget something: the Riad is your Home now!

Warm Regards,

Florent
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

From the day before out trip when Nicholas phoned us to check we were happy with arrangements to the day we left with a big bunch of Moroccan roses, we couldn't have had better service. Thank you to Nicholas,Michael and all the team for the ever present smiles and helpfulness.
Le Riad is tucked away inside the larger Club Med grounds. These are extensive with many sports activities and a spa. The weather wasn't great but we enjoyed the 9 hole pitch and putt course and the golf instruction. Our accommodation was as described and clean and with rose petals scattered on the bed every night - a nice touch! Food was of usual Club Med standard and we enjoyed breakfast and lunch served beside the pool. The setting was beautiful.
Great first time experience of Marrakech. Next time we would like a bit more sun :)

Room Tip: Would have enjoyed the roof terrace if weather had been better.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Dear Great Member,

We thank you warmly for the time you took to write this great review on Trip Advisor after your stay in our Marrakech le Riad Club Med Resort. We are really pleased to see you and your partner had such a good time, and that you enjoyed the dedication and friendliness of our staff, the comfort of your room and practising golf with our well trained G.O.s!

We hope to see you again soon in one of our Resorts, hopefully next time with more sun!

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK Team
London, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I could of course have stayed in any 5* hotel in Marrakech but chose Club Med as I thought the very "raison d'etre" of their holidays was the whole "Club" thing - being included and having fun with like minded people. What a joke. From the moment I arrived, no-one could have cared less that I was on my own or made any effort to include me, introduce me to any other single folk (English or French) or care that I was having a good time. I sat on my own nearly every meal time and no-one cared. I had a thoroughly miserable holiday and was pleased to get home.
The English rep was a joke and only interested in his own good time - it took him 48 hours to introduce himself, then he excused himself from talking to me (when I was complaining about the lack of inclusion) and organised an English dinner on the Wednesday nioht - I had arrived Saturday. What use was that?
The General Manager who I complained to said it was because I was English and most of the clientelle French (why encourage English guests then?) but this was rubbish because I spoke to a single French gentleman who was so disgusted with the lack of attention, he was planning on leaving.
Yes - nice rooms, resort quite acceptable, food ok (though much better at the main restaurant - Le Riad was pretty basic/poor so why pay extra?) etc etc but that is not all one wants from a holiday.
And don't bother complaining to Club Med as I did. I waited over a month for a 2 page load of waffle which basically said "we couldn't care less about you/your experience". Plenty of "repeat French Club Med" bores without bothering about attracting new customers I guess.
Not a good experience and I most definitely won't be going on another Club Med holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
ClubMedUK_official, Manager at Club Med Marrakech le Riad, responded to this review, January 26, 2012
Dear Customer,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to put your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your holiday experience at Marrakech Le Riad Club Med Resort.

For your information, our Marrakech le Riad Resort is a recommended Resort for couples, families and friends. Although our friendly atmosphere allows our GMs to meet people, we are afraid that we cannot ensure such meetings.

As far as the attitude of our staff on site is concerned, we were sorry to read that you found our staff to be rude and unhelpful. I can assure you that this kind of attitude is just the antithesis of what Club Med staff should personify i.e kindness, generosity and sense of service.

Kindly note that we are trying to provide as many English speaking staff as possible in our Marrakech le Riad Resot and that it is highly recommended by UK customers.
Indeed, whilst it is true that Club Med is a French company, rest assured that we are doing our utmost to satisfy our international clients.

I hope that despite your misgivings regarding your stay at the above Resort we will have the opportunity to restore your faith in our company by welcoming you again in one of our Resorts in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards,

Your Club Med UK team
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Lovely hotel in Marrakech, removed from the city, it felt like a safe place to relax and enjoy evenings.
Staff was pleasant, though really geared much more towards French patrons.
Went on tours provided through Club Med, the ATV , the Market and Essoura, which were all terrific. We would have felt uncomfortable in the markets otherwise, without a guide.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

Our experience at Le Riad was nothing short of perfect. Exceptional, personalized treatment from beginning to end. Never have we been so pampered with warm hospitality, good food, champagne, and caring attention of our 3 year old daughter. The setting was gorgeous, with impeccable style and good taste. Large suites, with gardens and terraces - all beautifully decorated and comfortable. The 3 Club Meds in close proximity gives you convenient access to all, which for us meant we could have our lunches in the centre of the Medina, visiting the Souk etc, and dinners at the Palmeraie, offering a grand buffet with varied cuisines (a different theme every night) all of excellent quality, followed by show-time at the theatre, and dancing. Our only disappointment was not having more time to enjoy all the facilities and having to leave... I would definitely recommend Le Riad and Palmeraie to anyone and hope to return as soon as possible.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

We did not take the flight options provided by Club Med which would have delivered us into the resort very late; with a transfer via Casablanca. So I can not comment on the actually transport they provide, but would suggest looking into easyjet options, as they deliver you to the Hotel at around 10am.

The service in La Riad is excellent, sometimes there eager enquiries to your enjoyment can feel intrusive; but maybe that is me being a grumpy Brit.Having an intermediate knowledge of French is useful for this resort. Most of the staff have enough English to have a chat with you, but there are times when ordering food or deciphering instructions needs some french (this is even more the case if you want to partake of the sporting activities).

I loved the room, and apart from the exclusive pool area, and higher service level, this is one of the best reasons to upgrade from the La Palmeraie resort which La Riad is a enclave within. We were advised by our independent travel agents (traveldesigners- I have given up with booking with CM directly, the phone operators have no idea of customer service, or where to give appropriate guidance- traveldesigners are excellent) to require a room with a terrace, as these can look straight into the rooms with gardens. The terrace is also a lovely place to have your breakfast, which is served to the room. The all-inclusive, every consideration made, atmosphere extends to the room, where there is a constantly a few snacks, and best of all, a tassimo coffee maker. The bathroom and bedroom area is cleaned well everyday, but I would take some cleaning wipes, as the terraces & tables are not somewhere to eat off of. It may be best to take some stomach settlers, because if this does not get you, a strong dose of meat with apricots, dates & FIGS is likely to bite you at some point; and we met many people suffering from this in their first days. Some of the best and the worst food here was served in the snack before dinner. We have special events before going our own way to dinner, often entailing the chef de cuisine presenting us with canapes, and they could be lovely, or a complete fright; and I was not convinced of his star status. I also thought to speciality restuarant was very average; and one night, we waited 45 minutes for cold mains. Having to visit the larger resort for dinner was also incongruent with "that something special" status.

I would definitely go back to La Riad for a relaxing holiday, but I would probably not consider the less expensive La Palmeraie resort, it is too large and packed with families to feel special. The resort is a haven away from the bustle of the souks, which can be easily visited by the bus transferring to the medina resort. La Riad has some beautiful moroccean features, and they make such an effort. The pool is a proper size, and the barmen not only make good mojitos, they bring it to your sunlounger for you. Unfortunately you will get the odd whiff of the stables, which are right next door, and when it is really hot, this can be quite strong.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Med Marrakech le Riad? Share your experiences!