“Location Location Location!” 5 of 5 stars

31, derb Ben Amrane | Riad Zitoune Kedim, Marrakech 4000 , Morocco   |
Ranked #106 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“Location Location Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

What a really lovely place. Only 3 or 4 minutes from one of the worlds best known attractions Djemaa El Fna.Traditional Riad with rooftop terrace. Friendly hosts. Traditional breakfast.
We were awoken at dawn by the call to prayer from the nearby Mosques. Really really quiet place with lovely clean rooms en suite. Just great.
Very reasonable considering the location.

• Stayed September 2013

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I am so pleased I choose Riad Zinoun for my stay in Marrakech. Its the first Riad I have stayed in. You would never think this Riad is right in the heart of the busy Medina, Its so peaceful and quiet and a good retreat to get away from the busy square when you need to. Mr Said Zinoun was very welcoming and he made me feel like it was my home. The main reason I stayed at Riad Zinoun was for the tadelakt course which is a 2000 year old ancient waterproof plaster. It has been a life changing experience completing the tadelakt course and the visit to Marrakech in general. I would like to thank mallam (master craftman) majid who is a very talented teacher and I really enjoyed and feel honoured in learning his ancient techniques. Sarra who was the translator on the course is an amazing person with her peace and love personality. She was very helpful and always at hand when I needed help or information. The food was outstanding and everyday was something different. In the warm evenings it was nice to retreat to the balcony where it was very peaceful. If you are coming to Marrakech for the first time, then you have to stay at Riad Zinoun!! Thank you

Stephen (tadelakt company, UK)

Room Tip: I stayed in Noisette, right at the top. The room is large and the colours within the room are very w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

beautiful riad,the room are clean and tidy, and the warm and helpful staff was the thing that made us to came back at the end of the trip just to say hello again.
the location is perfect, 2 min walk from the Jamaa el-Fnaa,fills safe and relax.
recomended at all catagoris!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I arranged an airport transfer and the driver was waiting to collect me. He drove as close as he could to the Riad and then got someone to come and collect me - there is no way I would have found it otherwise!

The young man working there was friendly and even though I do not speak French and he didn't speak English we got by. The Riad appeared quite large so I think that there were several rooms. I was on the second floor near the dining area. My room was nicely decorated and very clean. The shower was powerful, but as I have always found in Riads there was not any hot water (usually unless you ask them to put the heater on). The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked.

As well as the bed there was a seating area. There was limited hanging space for clothes with a couple of coat hangers. Although I arrived late, only stayed one night and left after breakfast the next morning it did appear very quiet, despite how close it is to Jemaa el-Fnaa.

It possibly had the most basic breakfast in all the places that I have stayed in Morocco but for the price of the Riad I wouldn't expect more (orange juice, bread, a very small pancake, coffee, spread cheese and honey). When I come back to Marrakech I will definitely use this Riad again. I would have liked to have had more time to look round the riad. If someone wants a reasonably priced riad, with en-suite bathroom and good location I would recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Lovely riad. Warm welcome; helpful staff and modestly priced riad. Comfortable and very Morroccan decor. An oasis of calm in a crazy city - close to the main square, and easy to get to other tourist sites.Five minutes to the Kozybar - a rooftop bar/restaurant with lovely food, where you can watch the storks nesting on the city walls.Did a day trip to the Atlas mountains, a welcome break from the the hustle of the city - and to be recommended.Good breakfasts.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

. The Riad itself is beautiful and felt like a wonderful haven of tranquillity from the hustle and bustle of the City outside. On arrival, we were offered a welcome drink in the beautiful yard very helpful explanation and guide to the City with lots of useful advice on what to do and where to go our first walk (gorgeous and a "must see" destination on any we were celebrating our 25th anniversary.but room and rose petals shaped in a heart on the bed. All beautifully done and much appreciated. accompanied us to our chosen restaurant on our second night in the City, so we could not have felt better looked after anywhere a truly memorable stay at Riad Zinoun . Nisrine zdaa

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The best thing about Riad Zinoun was really its location which combines close proximity to the all-important Jemaa el Fna piazza, (with its happenings, eateries and access to all services,) whilst actually being at the end of a quiet Derb, allowing for peaceful, tranquil mornings and nights before or after the busy-ness of sight-seeing days. The inner courtyard is a charming green oasis with pleasant sitting areas and hung with interesting art-works. Our bedroom and (large) bathroom were spotlessly clean, traditionally decorated and seemed quite homely once we had adjusted to the idea that the only windows, shutters actually, faced into the inner courtyard. A room on the ground floor was offered to us as soon as they saw my husband had mobility issues. This suited us but one could see that the first floor rooms probably offer a bit more privacy. The delights of the roof terrace and varied breakfasts have been commented on by other reviewers but what should also be said for more mature visitors, (like ourselves,) is that the breakfast room is on the 2nd floor up a series of very steep and rather uneven steps and the roof terrace reached by yet another tiny spiral staircase - quite challenging for anyone with mobility issues! Having said that, they did offer to bring us breakfast on the ground floor and we did choose to have it brought to us there on the final day.

Overall, the staff could not have been more helpful. We were cooked a very nice meal, (for 10 Euros,) at our request on the first evening as our flight came in quite late and they arranged a taxi from the airport whose driver also carried our bags and guided us all the way to the Riad, This was a godsend as it is a good 200 metres walk from where one has to leave a car and we would have had some difficulty finding Riad Zinoun through the narrow winding derbs in the dark on the first evening. They also arranged a car and driver to take us up the Ourika valley in the Atlas foothills one day and would clearly have arranged other excursions, hammam visits etc had we so wished.
We felt Riad Zinoun was great value for money and would thoroughly recommend it as a comfortable, though not luxurious, place to stay for anyone on a fairly limited budget. We very much enjoyed our stay there.

Room Tip: Go for the first floor for a bit more privacy and quiet but the ground floor if you have any mobilit...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Zinoun? Share your experiences!