Just returned from Marrakech, and wow, what a city!I booked the hotel 4 months back , and was so surprised by the communications I received, I had many questions as I was arranging a surprise for my partners birthday, Abdess had helped me arrange fresh flowers in the room and a cake, a dinner on the romantic rooftop terrace, and he even went out and purchased a tagine dish as a present!When we were picked up from the airport, I was pleased to see Mustapha, as the plane was over an hour late in arriving.Mustapha immediately took our suitcases and then drove us to the hotel. As we walked through the market and the alleys, I was a little daunted, I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Then we saw the big black door, and entered. It took our breath away! The candle lit courtyard, the flowers everywhere, the pool, it was just so beautiful!We were upgraded to the Suite as a surprise. Such a beautiful room. With tow chandeliers and an amazing wooden ceilng.The bathroom had some wonderful toiletries in there. (some of which I purchased to take back home with me!)The hotel has some lovely pieces of artwork around, and the hallway is filled with old original postcards of Morocco and artisan works from the local souks.The plunge pool was beautiful, particularily at night, but it was a bit cold for us to go in!We both had the complimentary massage which was so nice after a stressful few hours shopping in those mad souks.Our breakfast was filling, with cooked eggs as we wanted, fresh bread and amazing orange juice, yogurts, honey and jams, it certainly set us up for the day.One criticism I would have, and it is a minor one though, is that the computer did not always work. I explained this to Abdess, and within an hour, there was someone at the hotel fixing the problem.The dinner we had was so good, I recommend the briouts and the Lemon chicken tagine.All in all, I can not say what has not been mentioned before in all the reviews, they are true, I have never experienced such warm, friendly staff in all my stays at hotels. I am so pleased I chose Riad El Mansour.We are now already planning our trip back later in the year.Well done to all the staff there, especially Mustapha, Wadi, Abdess and the cook Latifa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech