“Lovely holiday in a perfect and romantic hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad El Mansour

You added Riad El Mansour to your Saves list
Riad El Mansour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Derb Jdid | Bab Doukkala, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
20% DISCOUNT FOR SEPTEMBER!
Ranked #48 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Amsterdam
“Lovely holiday in a perfect and romantic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

Just returned from Marrakech, and wow, what a city!I booked the hotel 4 months back , and was so surprised by the communications I received, I had many questions as I was arranging a surprise for my partners birthday, Abdess had helped me arrange fresh flowers in the room and a cake, a dinner on the romantic rooftop terrace, and he even went out and purchased a tagine dish as a present!When we were picked up from the airport, I was pleased to see Mustapha, as the plane was over an hour late in arriving.Mustapha immediately took our suitcases and then drove us to the hotel. As we walked through the market and the alleys, I was a little daunted, I wondered what we had let ourselves in for. Then we saw the big black door, and entered. It took our breath away! The candle lit courtyard, the flowers everywhere, the pool, it was just so beautiful!We were upgraded to the Suite as a surprise. Such a beautiful room. With tow chandeliers and an amazing wooden ceilng.The bathroom had some wonderful toiletries in there. (some of which I purchased to take back home with me!)The hotel has some lovely pieces of artwork around, and the hallway is filled with old original postcards of Morocco and artisan works from the local souks.The plunge pool was beautiful, particularily at night, but it was a bit cold for us to go in!We both had the complimentary massage which was so nice after a stressful few hours shopping in those mad souks.Our breakfast was filling, with cooked eggs as we wanted, fresh bread and amazing orange juice, yogurts, honey and jams, it certainly set us up for the day.One criticism I would have, and it is a minor one though, is that the computer did not always work. I explained this to Abdess, and within an hour, there was someone at the hotel fixing the problem.The dinner we had was so good, I recommend the briouts and the Lemon chicken tagine.All in all, I can not say what has not been mentioned before in all the reviews, they are true, I have never experienced such warm, friendly staff in all my stays at hotels. I am so pleased I chose Riad El Mansour.We are now already planning our trip back later in the year.Well done to all the staff there, especially Mustapha, Wadi, Abdess and the cook Latifa.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2010

I stayed at Riad El Mansour with a friend for 3 nights. From the beginning Abdess answered to my emails precisly and on time. The Riad is located on the border between the Medina and the Ville Nouvelle, if you want to go and visit Djemaa El Fna it takes just 15 minutes walking. He managed to come to pick up us for free from/to the airport and when we arrived we get complimentary soft drinks, fruits, sweets and water in the room. The room was cleaned up two times per day. Whenever i wanted to book a tour in the city or outside the city or simply a taxi for the night he and Wadi were completly at our disposition in order to help us in the best way and they really did it. All the staff is smiling and careful, willing to help you at any time for any request, they are absolutely brilliant.
I can tell without any doubt that I get the best service ever at Riad El Mansour and I highly recommend this place if you want to feel at home in Marrakech.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I just returned from a 4 day stay at Riad EL Mansour, and am to be honest, shocked by the last review!My stay could not have been better.My room and the whole hotel was spotless! There seemed to be always some cleaning there!I never heard any traffic noise at all whilst there, the hotel is in a dead end alley, and the setting is tranquil, especially the sun roof.Our driver was there to greet us at the airport, and was very informative.We took the free massage, although I did not find it as strong as I had wished, but still very relaxing.The food at the riad is really good, the best we had whilst in Marrakech.Abdess and Wadi are true stars! They recommended some good places to eat, although they were expensive (even by UK standards)Our room was on the 1st floor, it had some beautiful artwork in it.I really do recommend a stay there. I honestly could not find fault.

• Stayed January 2010
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

The exceptional, warm welcome at the Riad el Mansour began the moment we made our reservation with a warm e-mail from the hotel managers. It continued when we arrived, throughout our stay and even a week later. The hotel arranged for us to have a driver to assist in our trip throughout Morocco and called us, while we were still with our driver, to be certain everything had gone well. The Riad and rooms are as close to a genuine a Moroccan experience as one is likely to find in the heart of Marrkech while enjoying all the Western mod cons.

The Riad is not for the faint of heart. It is located well into the medina and construction in the neighborhood makes access feel even more challenging – at first. During our three day stay we came to feel at home in the neighborhood and, of course, at the Riad. If you are looking for an IBIS or Holiday Inn the Riad is not your place. If you are looking for a memorable Moroccan experience, stay at the Riad.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

We have just returned from a four day break in Marrakech, where we stayed at The Riad el Mansur.
We were picked up at the airport, courtesy of the hotel, and warmly greeted by the staff, after being taken to our room which was truly delightful.
We dined in the restaurant, where the food was top class, and the service second to none.
The Riad was very clean, the staff very helpful, and we will certainly make a return trip.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Montreasl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

This is a great place to stay. This is our first visit to Marrakech which was a last minute decision as we arrived from a trip to the UK. Last minute decision with turned out to be a blast. The riad was very quiet and charming not too far from the Marjorelle Gardens and about a 20minute walk to the main square. My room had a small seating area and dvd and tv which was nice considering one day we barely left the riad one day because of the terrible weather. The room was spotless and changed two times a day.
All in all the staff with Abdess at the helm were fantastic and even apologetic about the rain. We had a massage and hamman to bide our time at the riad because of the rain and believe me, it was no hard ship. A definite must for a fantastic riad.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
mtl-blooms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

What a great find. My wife and I spent 3 days in Marrakech in early January. What helped make this trip so good was the excellent riad El Mansour. Congratulations to the managers for running such a great establishment. The riad is clean, comfortable and very well run with friendly courteous staff always willing to help. A great time for us was meeting fellow guests in the early evening in the lounge with drinks and a roaring fire before dinner. Food, both at breakfast and dinner was plentiful and very good. A big thank you to Abdess and Wadi. We hope to return one day and in the meantime, do not over look this great riad..

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple