“Opulent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad El Mansour

You added Riad El Mansour to your Saves list
Riad El Mansour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Derb Jdid | Bab Doukkala, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
40% DISCOUNT FOR SUMMER !
Ranked #114 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Fort Lauderdale
“Opulent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

I stayed at the EL MANSOUR in September and enjoyed it so much, I felt I wanted to share my experience with anyone who may be planning a trip to Marakesh and looking for 1st class accomodations, at a reasonable rate.

From the minute I arrived until the last hour of my stay, I was treated like royalty. The staff attended to my needs and I did not want for anything. The food was great, the staff were very friendly and the ammenities were superb.
One point I'd like to mention in particuliar that is usally a problem for me in some hotels I stay at, is the WiFi Internet service. It worked great for me at the EL MANSOUR, allowing me to access to the Internet on the roof terrace, as seamlessly as I accessed it in my room. I was not confined to my room to surf the Internet, as is the case in a number of hotels I've stayed at in the past.

Thanks to the staff and management, particularily Mustapha, who drove me where required and especially the Day Manager Abdess, who welcomed me and made sure all my needs were taken care of, in the manner to which I am accustomed. Thank you all for leaving me with fond memories of the EL MANSOUR.

I will see you all on my next trip.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Whist the Riad is a splendid 200 year old example of its kind, it is the staff that make this place special. They are all genuinely concerned that your stay with them should be relaxing and worry free. Their hospitality is generous and their home cooking delicious - do try dinner at the Riad - you will not be disappointed. The only disadvantage this Riad suffers from is it's location off the beaten track, but this is easily overcome by using the Riad's taxi' drivers who will show you down the lanes to the door of the Riad. Whilst the lanes are perfectly safe night and day, nothing prepares you for them and they are exceptionally difficult to navigate your way around - we were lost for a couple of hours before a couple of enterprising lads escorted us back (in a bit of a loop we suspect) for 70 MAD! The Riad has its own Hanam and Massage facility and a small gym - so pretty much everything you need really. They also organised a trip to the High Atlas mountains and a local guide we wanted for a morning. All in all, although not the cheapest, we can thoroughly recommend the Riad El Mansour as a fantastic place to stay in the heart of Marrakech.

Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

This was the third riad I stayed in during a week of travel in Marrakesh and environs. The riad is spectacular, the photos just don't reflect how beautiful the tiling is, and the colours. As with the other three in which I stayed, the riad is down winding alleys, and when the front door is opened one walks into a most romantic interior. Abdess the manager is welcoming and helpful, and will take care of transportation to airport, directions, advice etc. I loved just to stand on the middle floor balcony and enjoy looking at the interior. The terrace is delightful. Rooms are small, but that's due to the nature of the building, and doesn't detract in any way. Water, snacks, fruit are provided, internet wifi available, and the bathrooms are generous, with excellent showers, toiletries etc. There are lots of different seating areas, for eating dinner, breakfast and relaxing. Food- as much as you can eat and more. I suppose the food would be my only reservation, the evening meal I ate there was not as tasty as I was expecting, however I had been eating in a Berber house in the mountains prior to this, where the cooking was second to none, so perhaps my expectations were set too high. Certainly other guests who ate in the hotel said their meals were very good. There is a gym and a hammam in the riad. All the staff are friendly, gentle, helpful, as I found everyone to be in Marrakech.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2009

Happy Times

As mentioned before, I had a tough decision deciding on a riad, after trawling through so many reviews and writings on tripadvisor we opted for Riad El Mansour, partly because of the gym.

It was a good choice.

Positives included:

Bags carried for us by the driver to the hotel, no hassle at the airport trying to find a taxi.
Orientation talk and greeting by the manager
Dinner and lunches
The terrace
Tranquillity
Free Massage

I am a keen keep fit fan, and wanted to find some energetic things to do, Abdess found me a tennis court, horse riding school, I even took in a round of golf, though the highlight was horse riding. As an actor on Sharpe, I have ridden Arab horses twice before and just loved it.

We are vegetarians, and did find it difficult finding places to eat, but thankfully the hotel catered for us well. Excellent cheese brioutes, vegetable tagine and the wonderful home made chocolate cake with the home made ice cream!

A must to do is to take the hot air balloon trip, although an early start in the morning, it is well worth the money.
Will I go again? Yes

England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

What can I say that has not been said before.
Riad Mansour is the best out there, not just because of the fabulous staff, its all the little extras that they include there, free massage, free airport transfer.
We moved on to Agadir after our 4 day stop in Marrakech, and the staff actually went to the bus station to buy the tickets for us.
The bathroom had the most amazing toiletries, all made in Marrakech, hand made vegetable oil soap, shower gel, shampoo, body milk and some black soap which looks like treacle, but is amazing on your skin
Real service, and it sounds like a cliché, but it was service with a smile.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

This is the sentence I heard so much in my stay at Riad El Mansour

The restaurant booking… ‘it’s been taken care of’
The taxi…. ‘it’s been taken care of’
The massage…. ‘it’s been taken care of’

It really does live up to the good reviews, I felt so at home.
One day it rained, but that did not stop us from venturing out, another little touch we found at the hotel was their shoe polishing service! We placed our shoes outside the door in the basket provided, and they were cleaned and as good as new first thing in the morning.
Really, it seems there is nothing they have not thought of.

Dinner on the terrace with the twinkling stars in the clear sky, candles flickering around us, the smell of jasmine and hearing the call to prayer was something I will never forget, a word of warning, the portions are huge, the food was real good.

We had the free massage whilst staying, a really relaxing experience.

Wodi and Abdess were our gracious hosts throughout our stay, and a mention must be made to Mustafa (Mr Smiley!) the hotels driver who picked us up and took us to the airport and took us to the mountains.

All the staff seemed genuinely pleased and happy to be there and to help us.

It’s all been taken care of..!

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2009

This excellently priced riad was the perfect base for our three night stay in Marrakech. The staff were without exception charming and helpful. Restaurant reservations, cabs and masseurs all arranged at short notice and without fuss.

Our room was smallish but comfortable and the decor throughout the riad was a delight.

We ate in once and the food was fine, although not restaurant standard but after a long day in the souks a quiet night on the rooftop terrace was a real tonic.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends