“Special oasis of calm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad El Mansour

You added Riad El Mansour to your Saves list
Riad El Mansour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Derb Jdid | Bab Doukkala, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
40% DISCOUNT FOR SUMMER !
Ranked #112 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester, UK
“Special oasis of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2009

I have just returned from staying at Riad el Mansour for 7 nights with my husband and son. We chose the riad based on its Tripadvisor reviews and we weren't disappointed. Abdess , Wadi and their team made our stay very special with their friendly and professional service and hard work. It really felt like we were returning home each day.

We are really pleased that we decided to treat ourselves and stay at this riad. Marrakech is an assault on the senses and certainly satisfied our spirit of adventure - it's important to stay somewhere you can relax and unwind.

Although the location of the riad is in the outer ring of the medina, once we came familiar with the neighbourhood, it took us about 15 mins to the souks and 25 mins to the main square (window shopping on the way).

Our room (no 2) was very comfortable and breakfasts on the roof terrace were a highlight. We loved all the communal areas within the riad which were decorated with Moroccan charm and style. You could easily spend time out of your room enjoying the ambience around the courtyard, in the lounge, games room or on the terrace.

We would highly recommend and would love to return ourselves.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2009

I picked this hotel because I was meeting friends in Morroco! They had there stay booked at Riad El Mansour, I was able to get the second half of my stay booked with Riad El Mansour! After our camel trek in the Sahara this was a Oasis of calm! AND I LOVED MY ROOM! Beautiful decor!!!

AND LOVED THE HAMMAM!

For the 2 nights before our trek in the Sahara, Robert was most helpful to get me a Riad that was good and a place I would feel safe for the 1st two night's of my stay in Morroco! Since I was unable to stay with them there at Riad El Mansour! The place he secured for me WAS WONDERFUL! MANY THANKS ROBERT!

And on that last day Robert thanks for those Barcelona Bus and train tips! I would prob still be wondering around trying to find my way to my hotel! <SMILES> Maybe I wil see you in Barcelona in the spring! You a G&T and me a Sangria!!!!!

WONDERFUL PLACE TO STAY AND SUPER STAFF! ALL MOST HELPFUL!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

This lovely traditional riad in an interesting part of the medina, although not centrally located in it, has comfortable accommodations, outstanding service and some of the best food we ate in Morocco. We had a sense of trepidation as we approached along narrow, winding passageways, but in fact the neighborhood is a lively, safe and active scene not to be missed. The staff made arrangements for taxis and ensured that our entire stay was delightful. I cannot imagine how this riad could be made any better.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
BATH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2009

From the first helpful E mail contact to our last few hours today, the team at El Mansour have been first class.We stayed in the lovely tradityional suite and made good use of the Hamman / message / persoanllly prepared food and recomended trips and excursions, that the team helped plan in precise detail.Having taken the weight off our shoulders, all that was left was to avoid the Mopeds and Donkeys! A fantastic few days away and a team that makes American service look average! Thanks to you all .... and your friendly and first class service.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Aussie in Berkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Walking out of Marrakesh airport we were greeted by the smiley Mustapha, what a gentleman. He drove us to our riad (or as close as you can get to it) and then led us down a couple of windy alleyways littered with stray cats (cats are in abundance in Marrakesh) we found ourselves at Riad El Mansour. The welcome from the staff was amazing, our room was amazing, the food was amazing, the chats with Richard were great. The attention to detail at this place is second to one, you want for nothing. The food, oh my god the food and the Wadi coffee is excellent!!!! If you are there for more than 4 nights you have a free massage which is fabulous. This place is like an oasis in the middle of manic Marrakesh. We walked every day to the square the souks with no problems at all, this takes about 20 minutes. Make sure you take a trip out to the mountains, this is all organised through the Riad, smiley Moustapha will take you!!! I cannot thank the staff enough for making our stay so wonderful and memorable. I will do my utmost to return with my husband and my children so that they too can be blown away by this Riad and Marrakesh itself.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Lehigh Valley, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

We had a wonderful stay at Riad El Mansour, and the staff went out of their way to make it so. After a long journey from the US we were immediately shown our room, and tall glasses of fresh-squeezed orange juice arrived shortly thereafter. The location is a quiet one which is more appreciated after one has ventured into the ever-present noises in the main streets of the medina. Some of our best meals were had at the riad as breakfast consisted of large glasses of fresh-squeezed orange juice, fresh French bread and butter, tasty eggs prepared any style and a fresh pot of French-pressed coffee or tea. You could also have dinner there which was convenient , and we took advantage of this two of the four nights we stayed there and enjoyed delicious Moroccan food! There was a computer available to guests, and the staff was only too happy to deliver a beer or mint tea to your room or up on the top floor which was perfect for relaxing. We also had relaxing massages in the riad...all in all, a great place to stay! The front desk was also very helpful in setting up an English-speaking guide to help us get around the souks and to visit some of the cultural sites within the medina.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I stayed at Riad El Mansour on a side trip after business travel. This hotel was recommended by a friend who had vacationed in Morocco last year. I have to say everything lived up to the recommendation. The rooms are beautiful with authentic decor. The overall feel of the place is peace and tranquility. After a hectic business trip to Europe it was the perfect escape. Although I was travelling by myself I never felt lonely because all the staff were so friendly and welcoming. As a self confessed fitness fanatic, I was really impressed when I discovered that there was a gymn where I was able to work out daily.
I hope to return to Morocco one day and I look forward to the hospitality and homely feeling at Riad El Mansour. All round top notch hotel !!!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo