We undertook so much research on tripadvisor trying to find the perfect romantic hotel for our anniversary.
We were certainly pleased with out decision to stay at the Riad El Mansour.
We were met at the airport as arranged by Mustapha, the hotel's driver, and the taken straight to the hotel.
We were greeted by Abdess who welcomed us as our suitcases were whisked off upstairs to our room by another member of staff.
Our room was room 2, it was on the 1st floor, the room was so pretty, lovely furniture, there was a welcome card wishing us a ‘Happy Anniversary’ and a bottle of complimentary wine.
We unpacked and were then shown around the hotel by Abdess and had an amazing orange juice, coffee and some home made Moroccan biscuits.
We had dinner at the Riad on our first night on the terrace, it was so beautiful up there. The food was the best we had in Marrakech. There was a musician playing Moroccan music while we were having dinner. It was certainly an evening I shall never forget.
Breakfast was every day on the terrace, once again, all the staff seemed so happy, all smiling and so helpful.
The one thing that stood out for us so much staying at this hotel was the service. I have never ever come across such service from hotel staff , nothing was too much trouble.
Wadi the night manager booked us into restaurants and arranged for a driver to pick us up from the hotel and to be waiting outside for us when we were ready to leave the restaurant.
It has to be said, restaurants are expensive in Marrakech, our favourite was Dar Moha.
A word of warning, avoid Nikki Beach, we went there to relax and chill out, the place was expensive, the attitude of the staff there left a lot to be desired, the music was far too loud, and the place was full of posers!
Marrakech is an exciting place, it takes your senses away.
If you are going to go, make sure you try and get booked into Riad El Mansour, it comes highly recommended by me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech