Having just returned from a 3 day break to Marrakech staying at Riad El Mansour in the Jonquil Suite I have to say, that it is not often that you can go away and be so enthralled with the accommodation. It was from the initial enquiry via email, that I was convinced we'd chosen the right place to stay. The email responses from Wadi and Abdess were always prompt, clear and helpful. The level of attention to detail remained throughout the time we were staying at the riad.
The fact that we arrived so late, dinner was provided and a birthday cake for me was really going above and beyond all expectations. We were collected from the airport and met personally on the street by Wadi and walked through the abundance of streets to our safe haven for the next 3 days.
As two lone females, we were daunted by the adventure of heading out alone, but we were quickly put at ease after a detailed map session with Abdess providing clear and precise instructions for how to navigate back to Riad El Mansour.
The additional staff and taxi service added to the welcome feel to the place and we were never made to feel that any questions, queries or requests were too much trouble. The Riad El Mansour is immaculately clean and this is from someone who can find the smallest speck of dirt. Not even a spider web existed within the place! This effort is all down to a charming lady who is smiling and cheery as she goes about her day. Our breakfast was served in the only way that can be described as a restaurant, where you are provided a menu to select your choices. I was expecting a buffet, but as with everything about the Riad, you get so much more than you expect.
The surroundings and decor are beautiful and you really feel as though you have landed in a 5* hotel. I cannot fault the place and staff alike.
We enjoyed the cultural experience of Marrakech, even down to the haunting prayer calls to the city in the early hours...oh and the cockerel! We booked a tour guide on the first day which is highly recommended to get your bearings in this rabbit warren city of streets and busy pavements of bikes and taxis. An all informative trip to the souks left us with a taste of the haggling to be done when we went alone and we were given very helpful advice. Our guide was informative and encouraged questions about the city's history, but being that it was built so early, I was in awe of the architecture and staying power of buildings that were so old.
I would recommend to stay at Riad El Mansour to anyone venturing to Marrakech because as the reviews will tell you, nothing is disappointing and the service never falters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech