It does not get much better than this !! Situated within the old walls of the city, this Riad is both traditional and well appointed. We stayed in the Amber suite situated on the first floor which had just about every comfort you could wish for. This was serviced twice per day and fresh fruit and flowers were always a feature. Everything you could possibly need was provided right down to cottonwool buds. TV, dock for your iPod and free WIFI were all included. Wadi, Abdess & Mustafa make sure you, with their help, make the most of your stay. In our case, they organised day trips to the Atlas Mountains, Essaouira and arranged for us both to have a massage on site in their well appointed treatment room and Hamman. It seemed that all services were at the end of their telephones. Everything was added to your bill at the end of your stay, so money changed hands.
We took breakfast every morning on the upper ( 2nd floor ) terrace.Very good choices, and more than enough to eat. There was a lunch time snack menu and you could have dinner cooked especially for you if ordered in advance from the menu. This was very reasonably priced and was of good quality. As is generally the case throughout the places we visited, food portions are very large so perhaps we should have considered dishes to share.
More than anything, we did feel 'at home' in Medina and the various souks where life unfolded everyday. One felt no sense of danger either by day or at night. Not a great deal of hassle either. Perhaps if you want a more 'western' environment, the area might not suit everyone. However in our experience, you are more likely to encounter 'locals' waiting to sell, offer services or pester you in front of the big hotels.
The two day trips that we did are definately not to be missed. Let Wadi & co arrange these for you. They know the best guides/drivers and by European prices the costs are reasonable.
One good piece of advice would be to order via the Riad a private car transfer from/to the airport. For around €15 you have peace of mind and get dropped off close to the front door. This can all be done in advance by e.mail directly to Wadi & Co at the Riad.
So five days of pure leisure and a real feeling of being pampered. What more can we say ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, T4B, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech