We booked this Riad based on the reviews from Tripadvisor, because we wanted to live the real Marrakech experience instead of the fancy european new town.
Location: it's 3 blocks from the Medina entrance and a bit hidden inside some passways, you can't arrive by car to the door but Abdess was waiting for us to show the way! At first it may freak you out, but once you walk in/out a couple of times you get used to and everytime seemed safe. It was about a 20 minutes walk to the Jeema El Fnaa, 15 from Jardin Majorelle and the new town.
Room: we got the Amethyst room on the ground floor. It was very nice, with a double bed and a big bathroom. The only disadvantage was that you heard people coming in/out of the riad and the kitchen during the morning.
Service: Abdess and Wady were very kind and helped us in any way they could, even before we arrived. We received bottled water every night and some wine because of our honeymoon! We stayed 2 nights for dinner which was very good and large portions but 300dhs per person seemed a bit expensive. Also, the people who cleaned and helped during dinner were very friendly and nice.
Other: wifi was good but not inside the room so we couldn't use it unless we were outside in the courtyard. So, a small TV would have been nice because of this but only the big suite has one. Breakfast was good, homemade and on the roof. One evening, we called the riad to get a taxi to pick us up from the new town and the taxi left us 2 blocks from the riad, which was kind of unsafe as the streets were dark. We thought someone would be waiting for us to walk with us, that's why we stayed the other nights in for dinner.
Overall, an interesting experience which we recommend for young and adventurous people.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Hotel
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.