We went two weeks ago for a 3 day long weekend. The riad is gorgeous inside. We stayed in the Amber Suite which was equally enchanting.
About the riad - Abness and Wabi on the front desk were incredibly helpful from before we arrived and even emailed us when we got home. They made sure we had everything we needed, gave us maps and told us where to go and avoid, helped us by booking restaurants and ordering taxis. We tried the traditional hammam treatment - quite an experience! We ate dinner there one night as we were tired but I would probably spend the money and venture out instead. Breakfast on the rooftop was lovely every morning in the sun.
About Marrakesh - we dressed modestly outside the riad, it's also quite dusty so carry water around, you walk A LOT so comfy shoes are more important that stylish for day time, at night in the tourist places you can dress up, best to eat in tourist places.
Things to see/do - the souk is nicer than I imagined and the sellers weren't too aggressive, go to Cafe France for great views of the sunset, stick to the tourist routes in the Medina. In the new city - lots of walking and parks, the Yves St Laurent garden and more modern places to eat. Everything is closed in the new city on a Sunday.
Overall I would highly recommend Riad El Mansour for a fantastic way to experience Marrakesh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech