We spent a fabulous week in September at this Riad, the team could not do enough to help us. We will return, but perhaps as more of a weekend break next time. Trust Abdess's restaurant recommendations, we ate in some amazing places. The Mai Thai was amazing.
Warning....if you do the horse riding trip be aware that the half day option involves 3 hours of solid riding and does not include lunch at a Berber village as detailed. The ranch where we were taken had no English speaking guides or staff. Funnily enough, no matter how slowly and loudly they spoke we could still not understand them. If you like trekking through waste land for a gruelling 3 hours straight and at one point tracking a wild boar that our guide spotted maybe this trip is for you. Well give it a miss next time.
Visit the Artisans before braving the souks, and then try and get it cheaper. It will give you a real idea of what you should be paying.
We did miss having a swimming pool throughout our stay but spent the day at the Beldi County Club which was relaxing although the food was a little disappointing.
We also visited the Ozude Cascade which was a little more exercise than I had anticipated but was totally worth the effort. If you have trouble navigating down steep hillside or climbing countless steps maybe this isn't for you.
Make sure you get the airport mega early when departing. The ques are crazy and we made it to the gate with 3 mins to spare, with no time to raid duty free dispite arriving at the airport 2 and a half hours before departing. They do not care if you miss your flight either so just be prepared. You cannot spend your local currency when you go through security apart from buying snacks.
All in all we had an amazing stay and can't recommend the Riad highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech