“Can't Fault It!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad El Mansour

You added Riad El Mansour to your Saves list
Riad El Mansour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Derb Jdid | Bab Doukkala, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
FREE RETURN AIRPORT TRANSFERS
Ranked #21 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Can't Fault It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

There were so many special touches that make the Riad special.
We have stayed in many 5 star hotels and got that ‘bland and clinical corporate feel’ Riad El Mansour is nothing like this, they genuinely know you and genuinely want to help you enjoy your stay.
Abdess and Wadi the managers were always on hand to help us and advise us.
Latifa the cook was superb, I did not have a meal to match the quality and amount that I had at the riad.
The room we stayed in was on the 1st floor, it was spacious and furnished well. The shower was huge and the toiletries provided were truly marvellous. This is the very height of civilised decadence - we felt really spoilt the entire stay!
I would recommend Riad El Mansour again without a doubt.

Room Tip: I saw a couple of other rooms as they were being cleaned, and it is difficult to imagine there are...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scrsteve27, Manager at Riad El Mansour, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for the review.

We do like to hear that our guests enjoyed their stay in a riad rather than a faceless and bland hotel, it is good that guests get to feel the real Marrakech.

We purchase all of our toiletries (shower gel, body gel, shampoo, soap and black soap) from local artisans.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Just a quick thank you to the Riad. Very last minute as the UK weather was getting all too much and with Winter approaching we needed sun ----- sun abd warmth, Simple formula sun, a great location and hotel and the knowledge we would be looked after very well. The Riad and Marrakech is a hop skip and a jump away and with cheeky cost effective flights all very realistic. Rl Mansour is a home from home and as said a quick review. Lovely 3 days, sun, culture and did not leave the Riad to eat just spoilt ourselves within its for lovely walls - A Big Thank You As Always

Room Tip: Marrakesh can be tricky in the sense pick a hotel that will look after you - love and cherish you as...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scrsteve27, Manager at Riad El Mansour, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving us the review on tripadvisor.

I am pleased you liked the heat here, and you went back home with a suntan!

We want our guests to feel special, and the only rule we have here, is treat this place as your home!

We look forward to you returning again.
Manhattan, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

had a 3 night stay here and really enjoyed it. Abdess was very helpful in making reservations, arranging transportation to our next city, etc. The Hammam was also quite nice. I could've used a couple of more! Great location, overall, would stay here again without thinking twice.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review.

The hammam is a must for most of our guests, the skin is scrubbed hard and you do feel clean!
For a couple more, you will have to return to Riad El Mansour!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this riad.
It was our first time in Marrakech and we did not know what to expect other than from what previous guests have written on TripAdvisor.
The reviewers are correct in their over all assessment as the riad lives up to their deserving reputation. Riad El Mansour is a great place to not only stay but to unwind as well.
Abdess and all his staff have treated us amazingly well.
The riad is spotlessly clean and staff go out of their way to make you feel comfortable and happy.
One of the owners, Robert was there and he was very informative on many insights of living in Marrakech.
We had dinner there on the night of our arrival, which was fantastic and ever so filling. I especially went on about the zucchini salad so much so that I found a copy of the recipe printed out and put under my bedroom door the following day.
This is one example I meant by caring for their guests.
We opted for the least expensive room (Jonquil) and what we got was a small but spotlesslylean room.
As we are out most of the time, it did not matter, but if you are the type to spend time in your room, I would spend a bit more and get a larger room.
The distance to the main square as about 15 minute walk,.
The riad is situated in a local neighborhood so you get to see how the locals really live. I enjoyed this aspect and the location was not that much trouble. It is convenient for Majorelle Gardens that was very peaceful even with hoards of people there.

Riad El Mansour was a joy to stay in and I feel that you cannot go wrong when booking this place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a very good review.

We are very proud of our in-house cook Latifa and I am very happy you enjoyed and hope that you have now tried some of the recipes that we gave you now you are home!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Riad El Mansour for four nights from 26th-30th August 2012 and I have to say that the other positive reviews I have read were right on the money! I've actually been looking forward to writing this review and I make no apologies for its length as I believe I should share every little thing with you all so here goes. We were dropped off by taxi (arranged with the Riad by email prior to arriving) straight in the middle of manic Marrakech. People selling meat, bike parts and bread were all around and there stood smiling to meet us was Wadi. He took our bags and lead us down some alleys and 2 minutes later were welcomed to the Riad. Wadi showed us to our room (Azure) and allowed us some time to chill out and sort out our belongings. He explained that he would be waiting down stairs when ever we were ready to take us through some do's and dont's in Marrakech. When we went down stairs, Wadi took us to a small lounge area where a refreshing mint tea was waiting for us. He went through a map that is provided, ringing all the places that are worth a visit. He explained the quickest way to get to the square and the souks, marking all routes on the map. We bombarded Wadi with questions but he answered them all with a smile. After we were finished asking questions, Wadi told us that he would like to upgrade us to a different room (Amethyst) which was a lovely surprise. We quickly agreed and moved our stuff from the first floor room to the new ground floor room. Our original room was lovely but the Amethyst room was bigger and decorated beautifully in a traditional Moroccan style. The rooms are cleaned twice daily with fresh water placed in the rooms both morning and evening. The maid places small towels with slippers on at the foot of the bed in the evenings which is a lovely touch. The rooms also have a bowl of fruit which is kept topped up and a bowl of nuts with fruit in which is also nice to snack on.
Breakfast is served pretty much when ever and where ever you want it, freshly prepared by the female chef. The sun terrace is a lovely place but ges very hot. The freshly squeezed orange juice is a beautiful start to the day. The chef also prepares gorgeous meals for lunch and dinner but dinner must be ordered in advance as all ingredients are bought fresh that morning. On our first night I had the chicken tagine which was lovely. They literally gave me a whole chicken! The wife had the lamb tagine which was equally tasty and equally as generous. Menus can be found on the Riad's website.
Prior to coming to Marrakech, I had been emailing Abdess who arranged a hot air balloon ride for us on our second day. The balloon ride is definitely worth doing as you get amazing views of Morocco as the sun rises. A massive breakfast is also laid on as is a camel ride but we didn't do the camel ride as did one recently in Egypt. When we arrived at the Riad we decided to book a guide to take us around the souks for half a day. Again, this is definitely worth doing as he showed us places I think we would have missed otherwise. He took us to buildings which enclosed beautiful classic Moroccan architecture. We took so many photos in these buildings and also in the souks with their amazing displays amazing us at every turn.
After a hot day walking around Marrakech, nothing was more welcoming than the plunge pool at the Riad. It also doubles up as a jacuzzi which is lovely to relax in when the afternoon sun gets too much. The Riad also offers treatments in the spa. The wife and I both had the one hour Abyhanga massage which is lovely, concentrating on the muscles leaving you feeling energised after.
The bathroom is fully stocked with a hair drier, shampoo, shower gel, soap, ear buds, cotton wall balls, towels and dressing gowns. There's even a basket you can leave your shoes in outside your room door at night and the next day they'll be polished.
It's safe to say that this Riad has thought of everything to ensure guests have a wonderful time and simply don't want to leave. We were no exception. If your going to visit Marrakech then you should definitely spend a few days at this Riad and see why everyone is raving about it!

Room Tip: The Amethyst room is great as two steps from the plunge pool. All rooms are quiet due to the locatio...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
scrsteve27, Owner at Riad El Mansour, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you so much for the time you took to place us a such a positive review!
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and pleased you were sorry to leave too!
We do try very hard to please all of our guests, and it seems you enjoyed all of our facilities and little extras we give to all of our clients.
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

The warm and kind hospitality of Abdess, Lafita and the rest of the team at Riad El Mansour. Inside the riad walls, the interior is beautiful and extremely comfortable. The rooms are well appointed, lots of nice touches such as traditional Moroccan toiletries, sheet turn down, fresh towels everyday, fruit and a very handy map of the city already marked out with points of interest upon arrival.

Before arrival, Abdess answered all email communications quickly, arranged airport collection and met us at the drop off point in the Medina before taking us to the riad and quickly arranging complimentary drinks. We stayed in the Emerald Room – spacious bathroom, air conditioning, clean and very comfortable.

We ate at the riad on the first night, huge portions of Moroccan starters, pastilla, cous cous and fish tagine. Unfortunately, we decided to eat out on the next night at La Marrakchi at the edge of the Jemaa El Fna square – AVOID AT ALL COSTS! My partner had a dodgy fish tagine and suffered violent food poisoning. It was really disappointing however Abdess quickly arranged for staff to collect medication from the pharmacy and a local doctor to come to the riad when my partner’s condition did not improve. Thank you for helping us, it was really worrying and I really appreciate all of your help.

Whilst my other half was in bed, I took the opportunity to cook with Lafita – the resident cook. Armed with my pigeon French vocabulary and phrase book, Lafita showed me how to make some Morrocan starters, a vegetable and a fish tagine. It was nearing the end of Ramadan, extremely hot weather so it was difficult conditions for all Muslim Moroccans but Lafita was very friendly and I really appreciated her letting me into her kitchen and having a bash at cooking.

I then tried out the hamman – wow! Scrubbed from head to foot then massaged with a trained masseuse. What a wonderful experience and I was thoroughly relaxed afterwards. It’s a pity my partner didn’t get to experience this.

The only disappointing thing is the location of the riad, you need to be prepared to walk to get to all of the sights. However, this meant that you got to walk through and see typical Moroccan life plus it keeps you fit with all these large Moroccan portions!

I would recommend the riad to anyone wishing to stay in Marrakech for a few days. You’ve got everything you need here, very good value for money, decent breakfasts and excellent dinners.

PS The swimming pool is more of a plunge pool, very pretty though!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for leaving us such a positive review and we are so pleased you had a good time with us!

We do pride ourselves on our 'customer care' and our fast replies to any correspondence other by email, telephone or face to face.

Pleased you enjoyed our cookery class too, Latifa our cook was fasting at that point for Ramadam but I guess teaching yourself to cook assisted her in forgetting about eating!

Regards the location, most of our guests love it as it away from the tourist hot spots and down a peaceful cul de sac, and with the local market very close by, it is a good area to buy local produce at non touristy prices.

It is indeed a plunge pool we have, and we have never pretended it was a swimming pool! In the ancient medina it is virtually unheard of any Riad to obtain permission for a swimming pool.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a wonderful time at this Riad. It truly deserves the excellent reviews. The riad is beautiful, colorful, clean and confortable. The food quality is excellent. Great breakfast and fantastic dinner (HUGE portions!). But mostly the staff is amazing! So warm and helpful, they really made us feel welcome and part of the family, and the manager Abdess is a lovely person. We really enjoyed our time with them and other riads that we visited were not even comparable to this one. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the time to do a review for us on tripadvisor.

I know we give large portions for dinner, and pleased it was fantastic for you! As you know all of our food is freshly prepared the same day and the produce is purchased from the local market.

We try to ensure that all of our guests make Riad El Mansour their home, the only difference is theres no cleaning or cooking for you!

Been to Riad El Mansour? Share your experiences!