After researching numerous different riad's we settled on the Riad El Mansour, essentially because we wanted a boutique hotel with its own spa and a good location which didn't cost the earth. The Riad El Mansour ticked all of those boxes plus more.
We have stayed in a number of hotels with much bigger reputations, star ratings and price tags but the service (and facilities) has never come to close to the exceptional service which we received from Robert and his team. Before we had even arrived we received an email asking whether would like to dine in the riad on our first evening or whether they could reserve a table at another restaurant for us.
On arrival we were met with the most adorable (rose petal covered) room, soft white dressing gowns and slippers and even a tray to put shoes in for overnight cleaning! Trust us when we say that they really have thought of absolutely everything. Every single detail in the room was spot on. Lots of towels and toiletries, free wifi and ipod docking station and from someone that likes their home comforts, a very comfortable bed and pillows.
We were then given mint and a welcome chat on the terrace to find out what our plans were and any way in which the riad could assist. A very helpful annotated map was provided and on our first outing we were even guided out of the riad and given directions.
We dined at the riad on the first evening and could not believe the huge amount of delicious food which just kept on coming out of the kitchen. The chicken and lemon tagine was without doubt the best dish of our whole stay. Yes, it was probably slightly more expensive than most other restaurants in Marrakech but when you're only paying about £20 per head for three amazing courses it was worth every penny.
Again, breakfast on the terrace was the highlight of every morning. Sitting in the sun listening to the birds singing while you sip fresh orange juice and pastries or homemade yoghurt was simply heavenly.
The souks are a 10 minute walk from the riad (down one straight road) so the riad is also in a good location. At first I thought that not being right in the centre of things might put a dampener on things. With hindsight, it was the best thing possible. Marrakech is so busy and bustling all of the time that having somewhere quiet to escape to was an absolute must for us and meant that we managed to sleep well. I'm not sure that would have been the case had we stayed much further in town.
To conclude, we owe a huge thank you to Robert and his team for making our stay in Marrakech so memorable. This is a real gem of a place to stay. It is not often that I feel comfortable recommending something to other people, but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this riad to others and in fact have already done so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad El Mansour is a six bedroom, award winning Riad. This boutique hotel is situated a short stroll from Place Jemaa el-Fna. We offer the highest levels of service and hospitality with a Jacuzzi, Spa, Hammam and GymWe have a full time resident cook and can arrange airport transfers for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Riad El Mansour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad El Mansour Marrakech
- Riad El Mansour Hotel Marrakech