“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad El Mansour

Save Saved
You added Riad El Mansour to your Saves list
Riad El Mansour
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   227 Derb Jdid | Bab Doukkala, Medina, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Rate
FREE AIRPORT TRANSFERS
Ranked #23 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The hotel was very nice and in an excellent location, inside the souks and near the square Djeema el Fna and a good walking distance to the newer downtown area. Everybody who worked there was very nice, they picked us up from the train station. Breakfast was very good and they also made lunch and dinner if requested, which was very good and could be eaten inside the room or on the top terrace. The rooms were very nice, clean and well decorated. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Which is saying something - I always want to try new things. If I were to return to Marrakech, however, I would stay at Riad El Mansour all over again. It would be a bit like coming home.

Like many other reviews, let me sing the praises of Wadi and Mustafa. I realize its their job to make me comfortable, but that can be done without the warmth and kindness that both bring to what must be difficult jobs.

When we first arrived, Wadi gave us a "tour" on a map which he marked up for us. Personally, I like to explore so this was just perfect. When we needed a guide he directed us to the marvelous Yusuf (who not only took us on a fun and informative day trip, but got us back safely over the High Atlas that evening when serious fog set in). When I wanted to stay out late to see the madness in Jemaa el-Fnaa he assured me I'd be perfectly safe, that the only possible danger was getting lost in the medina if I tried to walk all the way home after dark, and suggested I take a cab to the nearby city gate. (Nothing would have happened to me, but I could have wandered for hours!) Wadi was very good at reading just what we needed -- helping us to find our own way or getting us a guide per our own comfort levels.

Mustafa was supposed to spend half a day driving my friend and I around to various sites in Marrakesch. When my travel companion became ill I was very disappointed to have to go without him. Mustafa cheered me up pretty quickly however, and we had a wonderful time. Again, I realize that being a delightful companion is pretty much his "job" in this circumstance... but when I returned from my camel ride around the Palmerie to find him playing with the baby camels (see, he LOVES baby camels) like a kid I felt priviliged to be in the company of someone who is proud of his city and shares it so warmly.

The food was delicious. The riad was lovely. The location was convenient (both in the thick of things but close to cabs). The people, however, and their expressions of Marrakech's famous hospitality is was made my stay there so very very special.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Rouen, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We've just returned from a 5 night stay at the riad, with a two night spent in Essaouira and have to say we were pleasantly surprised. The service offered at the Riad, especially from Wadi was something we've never experienced before (and we've stayed in some luxury hotels). Everything was taken care off, from the moment we arrived, we were greeted by a smiley Mustapha (although he'd been waiting at the airport for about an hour; our flight was delayed), and then shown to our room, and were offered a complimentary drink of our choice, some mineral water and fresh fruit in our room (replenished daily), and some pastries. we were given some time to recover, and then shown around the riad, it was really like being shown around your new home :)
we had daily breakfast, which was made-to-order, by Safa and Zubeida (who always smiled and were always busy doing things round the riad). Although at times I felt they didn't really understand what we were saying, but that wasn't a very big problem for us. We were given a lot of privacy whenever we needed, which was an extra bonus being away on a romantic break. I got a tummy problem (i have a very sensitive stomach), and Wadi offered to make some moroccan tea, which fixed me up in no time, nothing was ever too much for him. We did find the location of the Riad to be a bit of a problem at the beginning, we got lost the first two days, but then were fine. Although if the weather hadn't been as good (30 degrees instead of 45/50 the previous week), then the 25mins walk would've been too much to bear. If you do get a taxi back, the best place to be dropped off would be the Gare routiere bus station (then its a few mins walk), or when you're more experienced ask the taxi driver to go further (but taxi's do not come right upto the riad). that was the only main drawback for us = the location. otherwise it's a nice stroll on a good day, but not if its too hot. We were given a complimentary dinner (offer for July), and have to say the food was excellent, the best we had in morocco. the portions were huge, so we asked the riad to keep some for us for dinner the next day, which wasn't a problem for them at all (the food was just too good to waste!!). The other thing which i noticed was the room was cleaned twice daily which was excellent, but i did find our bedsheets (flat sheets) weren't changed so often and they weren't of good quality; torn in some corners which was a bit disappointing, and the rug in our room (the suite) was really shabby. My husband wanted to use the gym, but didn't as it was really tiny with sunbed mattresses and towels in there. But having said that, the service and tranquility of the riad was what made our holiday the best it was, so i would recommend it highly. p.s I had the massage, wow!!! just what i needed after a day spent climbing the rocks of the Atlas mountains.

Room Tip: check offers on tripadvisor
Uxbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

We found Riad El Mansour after trawling through countless reviews and reccomendations on tripadvisor.
I was torn between a Hotel or an authentic Ryad. I am pleased I went for the latter.
Its a small personal feel, not an anonymous chain hotel were you are treated as a number.
As expected and mentioned in all the reviews for this Ryad, service was of the best I have ever experienced.
There is not too much to say that has not been said already.
If you are looking for good value, and top standards, this is the place.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Having just returned from a 4 day stay, I feel compelled, as so many others have, to rave!
The staff are a Godsend, nothing, absolutely nothing was too much.
We had late checkout and the raid was kind enough to allow us to use our room until 6pm. What other hotel woud do that?
So many little extras make this a real gem. For example one day it was raining so the hotel supplied umbrellas, and when we got back we had the free shoeshine.
There was always a daily free newspaper provided.
Breakfast was included, and very filling.
What really makes Riad El Mansour stand out from all the others is the level of the service.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

This is a fantastic hotel with great, friendly service and excellent food. The hotel's interior is beautiful, as are the rooms. They can arrange trips to the deasert and around the rest of Morocco. It is conveniently located in the medina in a safe little alley filled with children and cats. The also will pick you up at the airport free of charge. This may be my fovourite hotel in the world!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Teulada, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We live in Spain so Marrakesh is just a short hop from Valencia for us - and one that we will certainly be making again to visit this fabulous Riad, set within the medina and very close to the souk. The Riad was just perfect for this surprise 60th birthday treat for my wife - small, with just 6 rooms, each as beautiful as the next! We stayed in the wonderful suite which was a delight both in atmosphere and comfort. The attention to detail shown by the small but magnificent staff was extraordinary. The little touches were what made our stay so special, especially the extra birthday requests - the flowers and wine in the room on arrival etc. We didn't avail ourselves of the facilities such as the steam room or gym (too darn hot!!) but my wife enjoyed the "hammam" massage. The dinner and lunch snacks we had were very good too and the tranquil breakfast, taken in our own chosen spot, was just what we needed before venturing out into the hustle and bustle of the souk. There are so many little corners to enjoy around the Riad, all tastefully thought-out and decorated to the highest degree. Congratulations to the owners and their ever attentive staff for getting everything so right!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad El Mansour? Share your experiences!