At the Dar Charkia you will be taken care of from the minute you make your booking. Lisa and Michael go to great lengths to ensure everything is arranged for you from booking trips and restaurants to looking after you in the Riad. This place is not some impersonal five star hotel, it is a small, friendly boutique hotel.
The Riad is very well located in walking distance of all the major attractions and is an easy taxi ride to the nice restaurants in the new town. Lisa & Michael have renovated this distinctive old property with great care and immaculate taste. It is beautiful and comfortable for its guests. The welcome you receive is really friendly and nothing is too much trouble for the staff.
We really enjoyed: -
• Our City tour with Marco the guide used by the Riad and also the trip with him to the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (a long drive)
• Chez Pascal – an excellent French Bistro
• Our night in at the Riad with an good meal and a bottle of wine in front of our log fire in our room
• Essaouira – a great place to explore as a day trip
Things to watch out for: -
• People in the street telling you they are from your Riad and trying to get you to their friends carpet shop
• Taxi drivers telling you the restaurant you want is closed and you should go to their choice of somewhere else instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a six-bedroom, exquisite boutique oasis of tranquility managed hands-on by the owners and located in the safe vicinity of the Dar El Bacha royal palace. Rooms are stylishly individually decorated, 3 with working fire places and all with en-suite bathrooms. Superb eclectic cuisine combining Moroccan and international dishes. Comprehensive free concierge service and 24h front desk presence. Free wi-fi. Fantastic roof terrace with view on Atlas mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dar Charkia Marrakech
- Dar Charkia Hotel Marrakech