“An oasis of beauty and tranquility” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Charkia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Prices are for rooms, adults
Special Price
20% SPECIAL FALL OFFER
Ranked #4 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Leics
“An oasis of beauty and tranquility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

For my first ever trip to Marrakech friends had said I would either love it or hate it. Arriving at night with a group of friends we were met from the taxi and ushered down narrow winding windowless streets to a large wooden door. On entering the riad I could not have imagined the contrast from outside. It is stunning. All 6 in our party were in awe at the beauty of this place, reflecting the owner, Lisa's, eye for design. The bedrooms were also beautiful. Lisa and her staff made us feel so welcome without being overbearing. As we were celebrating a milestone birthday Lisa also helped with the celebrations and pre-booking restaurants. Nothing seemed too much trouble. Lisa's welcome meeting is a must. She has so much knowledge of the area and a fantastic map with her notes on where to go for shopping, eating & clean toilets! All 6 in our party are planning to return and we will definitely be staying at Dar Charkia again.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend away with the girls and I have to say the place is excellent. High standard of accommodation and top class staff who are so helpful that it makes your stay outstanding. There is nothing they won't do to ensure you have a wonderful time. I think the people are what makes this place number one, make sure you go!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We traveled as a group of friends (women, 20s), and loved our experience at Dar Charkia. The staff are completely on top of things - when we arrived, Sami walked us through a map of the city and gave us a rundown of all sorts of "things to know" (everything from how much to pay for orange juice to some of her recommended hammams in the city). Throughout our stay, any questions we had Sami or the other staff went above and beyond to make sure that we had a great time in Marrakech. Best thing about this riad? Hands down, the people.

In terms of physical environs, it's decorated in a more modern style than other riads we saw, which was a cool change of pace. Most importantly, Dar Charkia is calm, lovely, and often has delightful background music playing: a real retreat after long hot days wandering around and exploring the medina. The location is great - short ten minute walk to Jmaa al Fna. Overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Thame, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My friend and I have just got back from a 4 night stay at Dar Charkia where we were treated like family. The attention to detail in the riad is second to none, with beautiful decoration, lovely cool spacious rooms and a beautiful little courtyard to sit and enjoy a moment of calm after returning from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. The staff could not have been friendlier and were always helpful with any needs we had. Lisa and Michael know a great deal about the city and happily imparted their wisdom onto us to ensure we didn't miss anything! Overall, a fabulous four days in a beautiful riad; one that we certainly will be returning to. Thank you.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I loved every minute of Dar Charkia. The Riad is beautiful and very close to the main road. The room we had was amazing. The best part about Dar Charkia was the people. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Lisa but Michael was amazing. We were fortunate to have dinner with Michael both nights we were in Marrakesh. He is an amazing person who helped us every step of the way to navigate Marrakesh. I can't say enough about Said, the night manager. What a great person! Big Samira and Zahira were amazing as well. The breakfast was amazing and the henna that Big Samira did on my hands was beautiful. Abdullah was also an amazing driver and tour guide. Danny and I appreciate everything you all did. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you are currently researching the numerous Riads in Marrakech, then please look no further, this is the place to stay!! I spent many hours looking into places to stay to cater for a group of 6 friends to celebrate a special birthday, I was not disappointed. In fact this place exceeded all my expectations, with wonderful owners Lisa and Michael and all their fantastic staff. They helped me to take care of the restaurant bookings prior to our arrival (of which there recommendations were spot on). The rooms and breakfast are as all other reviews and pictures show, which are both fantastic, but the thought and little personal details were the highlight for me. They had put some lovely birthday bunting in our room, a slice of cake with a candle for breakfast and freshly made mint tea when arriving back from a busy day out. The annotated map and chat from Lisa is invaluable. The Dar Chakria made my special birthday even more special and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I could not be more pleased and impressed with our experience at Dar Charkia. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights this July, and it was the perfect place to unwind after a hectic day in the city. However, the location also makes it a perfect place to call your home base as you venture out into the Medina. It is beautiful, with so many fabulous little details, and the service we received from Michael, Samira, and Siaid was exceptionally attentive, warm, and friendly. Also, they set out a luscious breakfast each day--unparalleled at any similar hotel/bed and breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend the riad to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Khmissa and loved it, but I think you'd have good luck with any choice!