“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Charkia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dar Charkia
Ranked #4 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Bronx, New York
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I loved every minute of Dar Charkia. The Riad is beautiful and very close to the main road. The room we had was amazing. The best part about Dar Charkia was the people. Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Lisa but Michael was amazing. We were fortunate to have dinner with Michael both nights we were in Marrakesh. He is an amazing person who helped us every step of the way to navigate Marrakesh. I can't say enough about Said, the night manager. What a great person! Big Samira and Zahira were amazing as well. The breakfast was amazing and the henna that Big Samira did on my hands was beautiful. Abdullah was also an amazing driver and tour guide. Danny and I appreciate everything you all did. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

If you are currently researching the numerous Riads in Marrakech, then please look no further, this is the place to stay!! I spent many hours looking into places to stay to cater for a group of 6 friends to celebrate a special birthday, I was not disappointed. In fact this place exceeded all my expectations, with wonderful owners Lisa and Michael and all their fantastic staff. They helped me to take care of the restaurant bookings prior to our arrival (of which there recommendations were spot on). The rooms and breakfast are as all other reviews and pictures show, which are both fantastic, but the thought and little personal details were the highlight for me. They had put some lovely birthday bunting in our room, a slice of cake with a candle for breakfast and freshly made mint tea when arriving back from a busy day out. The annotated map and chat from Lisa is invaluable. The Dar Chakria made my special birthday even more special and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I could not be more pleased and impressed with our experience at Dar Charkia. My husband and I stayed for 3 nights this July, and it was the perfect place to unwind after a hectic day in the city. However, the location also makes it a perfect place to call your home base as you venture out into the Medina. It is beautiful, with so many fabulous little details, and the service we received from Michael, Samira, and Siaid was exceptionally attentive, warm, and friendly. Also, they set out a luscious breakfast each day--unparalleled at any similar hotel/bed and breakfast. I would not hesitate to recommend the riad to anyone!

Room Tip: We stayed in Khmissa and loved it, but I think you'd have good luck with any choice!
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a friends birthday, there was a party of 6 of us. The Riad is a stunning surrounding in which to stay! There is plenty of attention to detail every where you look. The three rooms we stayed in were all lovely with vibrant colours and an exclusive feel. The staff could not have been be more accommodating and catered to our every need, without being pushy. Nothing was too much trouble for them.
Breakfast every day was lovely and on our last day we requested it up on the terrace which felt amazing!
Lisa helped make our break. She is so knowledgeable and gave us lots of recommendations for places to go, both in the day and at night as well as arranging taxi’s etc for us throughout out trip. None of her recommendations disappointed. Lisa's gives a great welcome talk on your first morning with plenty of information to help you out during your stay, a must if you are only staying for a few days and her map is a god send!
I would not hesitate at booking back at Dar Charkia.

Jayne A

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this fantastic Riad for four nights. Lisa and her team were very helpful, charming and the perfect hosts. We loved our room, the central location and the handy hints. Breakfast was a highlight, served at any time with something different every day. We would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I stayed here for my sisters 40th birthday so there was a party of 6 of us. The Riad is simply stunning, when we arrived it was all that we could do to not to spend the evening photographing the place. There is so much attention to detail every where you look. The three rooms I saw were all fabulous with their own characters and vibrant colours, it felt very exclusive. The staff well they couldn't be more attentive but not in your face. Nothing was too much trouble especially when I managed to lock myself out the safe!
Breakfast was lovely especially on our last day when we sat up on the terrace so relaxed. The staff really looked after us and even sprinkled 40 confetti over the breakfast table and put happy birthday banners up in my sisters room, lovely touch.
Not forgetting Lisa, who helped make our holiday what it was. Lisa is so knowledgeable that all her recommendations were fabulous. Due to our party size she booked restaurants for us and none of them disappointed. My favourite was Pepe Nero, such lovely scallop risotto. Lisa's welcoming talk is one not to miss, so much information which if you are only staying for a few days is a must, her map is a god send.
Already looking at flights to go back and wouldn't hesitate at booking back at Dar Charkia as simply loved it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stayed here in May.
Everything about the experience was perfect. The rooms are wonderfully decorated and very comfortable. The staff and owners are beyond friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend staying here!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Dar Charkia? Share your experiences!