The Dar Charkia is so beautifully decorated. Calming and relaxing from the start. Our driver, arranged by Lisa the owner of the riad was at the airport to meet us. We landed about 10am ish. The transfer only takes about 25-30 minutes.The riad is just 1 minute walk from the main road drop off point.
My husband had booked our four night long weekend as a birthday treat for me and because Lisa was so helpful from the time of booking we had a Hammam and a few restaurants booked in advance thanks to Lisa's efficiency and knowlegde.
As soon as we arrived we were so warmly greeted by Lisa and her staff and the most fantastic orange juice and a cup of tea and coffee were served up with some little sweet treats.
Lisa took us through the map with brilliant information on good places for coffee, clean toilets, how much we should be looking at paying for things etc. This map was VERY well used!
There are some excellent restaurants close by with roof terraces, infact nothing is that far away.
Our room was beautifully decorated and there was even a happy birthday banner and birthday confetti in our room when we arrived which I loved and was really thoughtful.
The bed was super comfy and everything was clean and well maintained.
It would take us about 15 minutes to walk to the main square from the riad.
Lisa and Michael (Lisa's husband) were so friendly and were happy to give any advice we needed.
Couple of things to know:
1. When you arrive and get out of the transfer taxi there are youngsters with little carts that will walk with you and help carry your bags to the riad for you. They are not part of Dar Charkia staff, they are just youngters trying to earn a little bit of cash. We gave them 20 Dirham as it's just a short walk and it helps them out.
2. In a few of the coffee bar /restaurants there is a lady expecting some change in the toilet (there is in the ladies toilet anyway, I didn't go into the mens). I don't know if you have to give them money but felt I should. It only needs to be a small amount of change.
We really couldn't have asked for more. The riad was beautiful. Lisa, Michael and their staff were the best hosts. The breakfasts were lovely, slightly different things each day which was nice. We would definitely recommend Dar Charkia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a six-bedroom, exquisite boutique oasis of tranquility managed hands-on by the owners and located in the safe vicinity of the Dar El Bacha royal palace. Rooms are stylishly individually decorated, 3 with working fire places and all with en-suite bathrooms. Superb eclectic cuisine combining Moroccan and international dishes. Comprehensive free concierge service and 24h front desk presence. Free wi-fi. Fantastic roof terrace with view on Atlas mountains. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Dar Charkia Marrakech
- Dar Charkia Hotel Marrakech