“Fantastic riad” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Charkia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dar Charkia
Ranked #4 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Fantastic riad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful stay at Dar Charkia. I booked the whole riad for 12 of us and Lisa and Michael, together with their helpful and friendly staff made our stay a super experience. Nothing was too much trouble and the food, welcome and advice given to us was excellent. The riad rooms are clean, comfortable and beautifully decorated and there is a roof terrace for sunbathing and a shady courtyard for relaxing with friends. We did not want to leave and I can thoroughly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Valencia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dar Charkia is hands down the nicest place I have ever stayed in and is situated in a perfect location for visiting the Souks and other main sites. It is beautifully decorated in a unique manner and it is evident that great attention to detail has been paid on every individual feature. The service was exceptional and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Lisa and Michael were absolutely fantastic and could not have been more accommodating - they really went out of their way to make sure we had the best experience possible, giving us great recommendations on everything ranging from places to visit to restaurants and how not to get ripped off with taxis etc! The first night we had dinner in the riad and the food was incredible. Lisa booked us in for a spa day on our final full day which included a transfer, massage and a 3 course meal for only 650 dirham. Would really recommend this to anyone! A massive thank you to Lisa, Michael and all of the staff for making it such an unforgettable holiday - a visit is highly recommended, I hope to return in the not too distant future!! Best wishes, Taeya

Valencia, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I booked the whole riad for my birthday a few years ago and this year, I suggested to my best friend that she should do the same. Last week, I went to stay at Dar Charkia with two of my closest girl friends and this experience was really outstanding. I have stayed at Dar Charkia five times and I will continue to go back because I have quite literally fallen in love with the place. Lisa, Michael and the staff couldn't be more welcoming, the place couldn't be cleaner nor more charming and the food they offer is truly amazing! On our first night we ate in the riad, we were served a faultless, 3 course Moroccan menu- very generous portion sizes!! The following day, Lisa took us around the souks, taking us to places that offered great deals; it helps that Lisa knows a lot of people- we were treated very well and not ripped off. To ensure every client takes full advantage of the buzzing city that is Marrakech, Lisa offers many suggestions as to what is available- from sunbathing on their relaxing roof terrace, to adventurous journeys round the medina, or even visiting traditional Moroccan spas. The riad is beautiful and unique but also very comfortable, something that I particularly look for when I chose hotels. This riad is worth far more than any 5* hotel I have ever stayed in. This visit was one of my best experiences in Marrakech and I will definitely be returning again next year!

Room Tip: Every room is amazing, I have stayed at Dar Charkia on many occasions and occupied most of the rooms...
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I can confidently say that this is the best, personalised service I have ever experienced. Not even the 6 star hotels in the Middle East can compete. Everybody makes you feel welcome and goes out of their way to accommodate your every wish.

As others have remarked, the outstanding customer care starts right from your booking. The owners sent us recommendations for things to do and places to see, and booked everything before our arrival. We enjoyed a delightful afternoon in a spa, a splendidly delicious dinner (if you order a dinner in the riad, make sure you do NOT eat all day, as the portions are rather generous!!), and had a guide for one morning who was absolutely brilliant.

The staff are unbelievably professional, friendly and accommodating. Mohammad, the night guard, went out of his way when my mother needed some remedies for a painful insect bite. I would like to thank everyone for a wonderful time! Michael and Lisa: please don't ever lose any of these fabulous people!!!

We also enjoyed a few Pimms on the roof terrace with swifts flying over our heads, and lots of bird song. Divine.

Lovely rooms, delicious breakfast and great cocktails!

Highly recommended. Go!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I booked the whole riad for my birthday weekend. Can't fault it at all. I stayed here 5 years ago and loved it then, hence the reason I came back. The first night we had dinner in the riad and the food, we all agreed, was the best we had in Marrakech. The staff are wonderful and attentive and we wanted for nothing. Lisa & Michael, who own the Riad, were the perfect hosts who helped me arrange my itinerary and it all went smoothly and everyone just had the best time. I can't wait to return to a wonderful oasis in chaotic but wonderful Marrakech!

Jo, Glasgow

Room Tip: I looked in all the rooms and they are all individual and gorgeous.
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

An oasis in the heart of Marrakech. Nothing is too much trouble from the team that is Lisa & Michael and their great staff, Mohammed, big Samira, little Samira to name a few. They made our friend Joanne's birthday such a memorable and special occasion, they took care of our every need and helped organise the entire itinerary for twelve people, including a marvellous dinner party on the first night, which is no mean feat! Thank you for exceeding our expectations. Ros & Ashley x

Longfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

A huge thank you to Michael, Lisa and the team at Dar Charkia. From the moment we arrived until we left, nothing was too much trouble. Hotel chains can learn a great deal about service and customer satisfaction from them. Their in-depth local knowledge was invaluable to get us quickly oriented via their annotated map. The Riad is a spotless, oasis of calm that insulates you from the hustle and bustle that is Marrakech. Special mention to the team Little samira, big samira, Netia, Zahira and Mohammad.
They took excellent care of us, organising restaurants and excursions, advising us on where to go and how much you should expect to pay (invaluable). Breakfast was a feast of fresh pastries, fruit, bread and yogurt along with tea/coffee and fresh orange juice, this sets you up for a day of touring. One evening we had a meal at the Riad where they cooked us a superb tapas consisting of lamb tagine and fish which we enjoyed on the roof terrace in the pavilion tent under the stars. The pear walnut and endive salad was to die for! You will never go hungry in Morocco! Their location is amazing all within walking distance of the main square, souks, koutoubia mosque and an excellent selection of restaurants on your doorstep, this is the place to stay in morocco, you will not be disappointed. We arrived as strangers and left as friends, our 5 days in morroco will be fondly remembered and we very much look forward to returning very soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Douiria suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Charkia? Share your experiences!