“Believe what you read - this place is wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Charkia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dar Charkia
You added Dar Charkia to your Saves list
50 Derb El Halfaoui | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40 030, Morocco   |
Special Price
20% SPECIAL FALL OFFER
Ranked #4 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Vancouver, Canada
“Believe what you read - this place is wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We spent three wonderful days at Dar Charkia in December upon our arrival in Morrocco for a month long trip. It is a wonderful riad, quiet but close to everything. We got a very helpful introduction to Marrakech complete with restaurant, sightseeing and shopping advice. Very much appreciated. They even arranged for a very nice neighbourhood kid to escort us to and from a restaurant on our first evening as we would have gotten hopelessly lost otherwise. Beautiful room and common areas. Like I said believe what you read this place and the staff are outstanding.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Port Orange, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Although a bit hesitant at first to travel to this part of the world based on other blogs I've read, Lisa and Michael's Riad made this trip one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences we ever had. Lisa guided us to all the right restaurants (each one-PERFECT),taking just the right tours, and basically learning how to navigate the streets and Souks of Marrakesh. At the end of our 6 night stay, we practically felt like "natives," dodging the traffic and bargaining with the locals just for the fun of it! ( By the way, that is something we never do! I am not much of a shopper, but found so many good deals, I couldn't pass them up!) The staff members were very helpful, the rooms clean, and all the people Lisa introduced us to were fabulous. We learned so much! Thanks to this experience, I recommend Dar Charkia and Marrakesh.

Gloucestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights here and what a good choice it was. It is a beautiful oasis in the midst of mad Marrakech. It is spotlessly clean and tastefully furnished. We stayed in the Sahara room which was very comfortable. The staff are excellent and take good care off you. They are always at hand to give you advice or book things for you, and when you return welcome you back. We would not hesitate to recommend Dar Charkia.

Rugby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I had not been to Marraketch before and, although the initial approach to Dar Chakia was a little off-putting, I really was most impressed with with the hotel and was continually impressed over the three days we stayed there. The staff are efficient and attentive, the facilities are attractive and spotless. Nothing seemed too much trouble. The initial impression was erroneous because, as I found out, everywhere in the Medina is like that and although It seems overwhelming at first you become used to it. We were not hasselled in the local area (the people are actually very friendly).
The Souk and the main square are only a few minutes walk away and the are good restaurants and cafes with walking distance. My Wife and I thoroughly reccomend Da Chakia

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Northampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Dar Charkia is a place everyone should stay !!!! , from the moment you enter through the huge wooden door you feel like you have entered into another world , the Riad is decorated elegantly with so much style , with beautiful touches everywhere its hard to say what part of it you love . The staff are outstanding with Samira heading up the staff and makes your stay with Dar Charkia the most relaxing , wonderful experience . I booked my stay 6 months in advance to avoid disappointment , my decision was purely based on all reviews on here and it measures up to what everyone says . The breakfasts were different everyday and with so much choice and available any time in the morning when you are ready , do have an evening meal here as it was some of the best food we had . Lisa and Michaels introduction meeting gives you excellent advice and everywhere they suggested was perfect , even booking 2 of our evening meals , they arrange everything from transfers to and from the airports , to the brilliant maps they provide and so much much enthusiasm on places to visit . Lisa had arranged a birthday cake and Fizz on my meal at Dar Charkia and even told the restaurants we visited ( Pepe Nero is a must !! ) so I ended up having 3 birthday cakes throughout my stay and many many renditions of "Happy Birthday " from so many staff .
I stayed in the Douriau suite which is just stunning but all of the bedrooms are yet again decorated so beautifully , next time I come I think i will try the Sahara room . Please do not look anywhere else !!!!! STAY HERE !!!
Thank you Dar Charkia for the best birthday ever ,!!

Room Tip: Douriau suite is great for 3 girly holiday of required but a beautiful romantic suite for a couple
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Conveniently located riad so that all significant places of interest within walking distance. The riad is attractively decorated showcasing all the local handicrafts. Comfortable beds and excellent bathrooms and showers. Lisa and Michael were very attentive hosts enabling us to make the most of our time in Marrakech. All of the staff were charming and helpful. The in-house meal was delicious and a first-rate example of Morroccan cuisine and the Gris wine recommended by Lisa was very good. To summarise - beautifully appointed riad, welcoming and attentive staff, great location, very quiet, excellent choice for a visit to Marrakech.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Dar Charkia. Frankly I could not have expected anything possibly as good.

Being a non-Arabic speaker and only an average French speaker, it was a great relief to find that the owners spoke fluent English (they also speak fluent German, French and Arabic).

When you arrive you are provided with a comprehensive guide to the town, geared to whatever it is you are visiting for (be it shopping, eating or relaxing).

The rooms are frankly beautiful. First world luxury is not missing but you know you are in Morocco.

The restaurant is great. You don't need to go out if you don't feel like it.

But the staff, that's the real magic here. They are friendly, helpful but entirely unobtrusive.

While there are hundreds of places to stay in Marrakech, I could not possibly stay anywhere else.

Colleagues of mine stayed at a 5 star hotel outside the Medina. Having seen there hotel (which was quite lovely), I was glad I stayed at Dar Charkia.

Its just done so well.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Charkia? Share your experiences!