“truly a home away from home!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dar Charkia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Dar Charkia
You added Dar Charkia to your Saves list
50 Derb El Halfaoui | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40 030, Morocco   |
Special Price
25% SPECIAL WINTER OFFER
Ranked #4 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“truly a home away from home!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Thank you LISA and MICHAEL for being such wonderful hosts to us... !
The advices given upon our arrival turn out to be extremely helpful with regards to what to do and where to go. Marrakech is a busy city with lots of hidden gems, and Dar Charkia is one of them. Homy and unpretentious, the riad is beautifully decorated with an eye for every single detail. We would love to come back again!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

My daughter and I are just back from a 3 day stay at this lovely riad. The staff were wonderful, friendly and very helpful, as was Lisa (one of the owners) who provided us with a map of the Medina, marked very usefully with various recommended cafes, restaurants and shops. One night we ate at the riad and the food was superb, another night at a restaurant which was booked for us. The rooms are comfortable and charming as is the whole riad - a tranquil oasis in the midst of the Medina!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This is the perfect place to stay in Marrekesh. The location is so easy you can walk to everything. The owner and their staff are some of the most accomodating I have ever seen. Upon our depart they were worried my luggage was over weight so they brought out a hand held scale and helped me balance the weight between my suitcases so I wouldn't have to pay extra or pull all my belongings out at the airport. They had wonderful recommendations for everything especial dining. They have a beautiful roof top patio that was perfect to relax at the end of the day or in the morning to have breakfast. The accomodations were perfect my 3 kids could have their own room right next to ours. Hard to find places willing to put 3 in a room. Thank you for the best time in Marrekesh we can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hambleden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Dar Charkia is conveniently situated on the edge of the Medina, it is a tranquil haven from the hustle and bustle of the Medina. The owners and staff could not have been more hospitable, helpful and kind, making us feel very welcome indeed. Wether it was organising dinner in or out or taking us on some great shopping trips, we had a terrific holiday and can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

This was my second visit, this time with my wife, and just like last time it was outstanding. Michael, Lisa, and their whole staff are so attentive and make sure that everything is sorted out making for a worry free trip. Our transportation to and from the airport was arranged as was each of our evening meals. The recommendation which were provided were outstanding and take the guess work out of the stay. I highly recommend this place and look forward to a repeat visit.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
The Hague, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

The Dar Charkia is really excellently placed in the old part of Marrakech. Key sights, shopping, spa's and restaurants are within comfortable walking distance and a very nearby taxi "hot-spot" gives ease of access to anything outside the Medina - I really liked this aspect as I could easily combine my business undertakings with my desire to also experience Marrakech. The place I felt was really excellent - nicely tucked away down a few dwindling alleys and inside a real oasis of calm, design and beauty. Both communal areas and my room were really inspiring and carried, it seemed, the hosts passion for Morocco. Michael & Lisa were really personable and attentive hosts and ensured that from arrival to departure things were working very smoothly. What I found particularly helpful being new in a bustling place where I do not speak the language was the advice on Marrakech offered in both maps and discussions - where to go, what to do, what to avoid. Breakfast was nothing short of superb, and varied slightly from day to day. Staff was overall very helpful, friendly and trustworthy. I have no reference points in Marrakech but would not hesitate to advice anyone to stay in this great Riad!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This riad is truly gorgeous, beautiful decor and very welcoming staff who cant do enough for you, great service in an amazing setting!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dar Charkia? Share your experiences!