“Very pleasant expirience” 4 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
New York City, New York
“Very pleasant expirience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My partner and I chose this hammam at the recommendations from TripAdvisor and also the rocommendation of our hotel. The entire expirience was very relaxing- wonderful carrot juice by the pool, plenty of time to lounge inbetween treatments and after and we never felt rushed. The facilities were very clean and the staff were friendly and accomodating. Our scrub is the only part of the expirience that seemed sub-par. My partner and I were in a room together but there seemed to be a lot of lag time where we felt like we were waiting around. They spa was not consistent about explaining what the different treatments involved.

Other than this, I would highly recommend it!

Also, very easy to find!

Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Poor massage”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Les Bains de Marrakech is a relaxing and luxurious spa. However, it disappointed for an essential element: the treatment. I booked a drained massage, which on their website is described as detox, muscular and invigorating. I chose a male masseur. I expected a good, strong massage. The therapist was only gently stroking me, kept me in the air-conditioning with no towels and felt cold, plus he spent more than 10 minutes just touching (not massaging) my head. When I asked him if I could have a stronger massage, he refused and said firmly NO. I complained with the french man (acting as manager) and he just defended himself by saying that a draining massage is not strong. I was wrong and it didn't matter that I wasn't happy with my experience, or that they are misleading clients with their descriptions. I am disappointed with their customer service, especially considering how much they believe to be one of the best (if not best) spa in Marrakech. With the prices charged, they should listen to people rather than challenging them. It's a shame, as my previous visit was fulfilling. Be warned about the draining massage (or the male masseur who is there)!

Visited May 2013
kad1966, Gérant at Les Bains de Marrakech, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Sure We have discussed each details of your complain, and we inform you that each massage has its own protocol and technic, also we can't change it in the massage room after we began the treatmen, as it should be mentionned in the reception before you start as there is price difference between draining and stimulating massage, also the therapist can't decide by himself to change your massage after he started by 20 min.
Seattle
“Eh...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

The hammam was fine. A lot of waiting between 'courses' and a fairly cursory scrub. If youre expecting a turkish type hammam with lots of bubbles and scribbing you wont find it here. Massage was fine but the maaseuse had the affect of an american teenager. Not deep tissue if that is what you want. Pool area is nice. Mens showers had no soap or cremes to bathe post oily massage.

3 attraction reviews
“Incredibly relaxing and very beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I booked the Traditional One for myself and my girlfriend, consisting of a hamman followed by a one-hour massage. I cannot recommend this enough. Everything was perfect. We were moved to various chill out zones throughout the time we were there, at the perfect moment in every instance - not feeling rushed but before falling asleep! :) Orange juice, mint tea and bottled water was provided, too. Excellent and professional service. Such tranquility when surrounded by the heat and hustle and bustle of Marrakech, too!

Visited April 2013
6 attraction reviews
“Magical experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked based on other reviews. What a fabulous experience. We had the traditional experience and loved every minute. English wasn't everyone's language, however we were gently guided to the right place at the right time. My husband loved it, and spas aren't always his thing. If you have the chance enjoy!

Visited May 2013