A bad arrival when Angsana tried to book us into a different (and inferior) Riad without the twin beds we had booked but we persisted and got a charming suite (4) at Si Said, on the internal main courtyard with a double and a single bed. It had what would be a walk in wardrobe if they added a clothes cupboard to the shelves (at present it is in the vestibule to the bathroom) and with fridge and tea/coffee making equipment. The suite has a balcony onto the swimming pool courtyard and there was a sitting area with comfortable chairs. The bathroom (shower with mosaic shallow pool) was fine and I loved the toiletries with their exotic perfume.
The hotel has a roof garden with Jacuzzi and sunbeds. The decor, traditional plasterwork and mosaic tiles is exotic and delightful.
The staff were all very pleasant and the cheese samosas the best I have tasted, I got quite addicted!
The hotel arranged a walking tour of the city with an excellent guide, Hamsa, who gave us a real insight into the history.
The hotel is in the Medina (you have to walk a few minutes from the Taxi/car park) and about 15 minutes walk from the Djem el Fna via a warren of fascinating small shops at one of which, a handbag, belt and slipper maker. I bought a great handbag and he even altered the strap while I waited.
We were there for 3 days and I would have liked to stay a little longer, I was just beginning to find my way around.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said Hotel Marrakech
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel like royalty as soon as you enter this splendid all-suite riad, which is beautifully decorated in opulent gold and soothing cream hues. As you... Feel like royalty as soon as you enter this splendid all-suite riad, which is beautifully decorated in opulent gold and soothing cream hues. As you admire the intricate zellij or mosaic tiles surrounding you, take comfort that your stay will be an unforgettable one. For total relaxation, indulge in the jet pool or a hammam, traditional bathhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia and Travelocity so you can book your Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.