I arrived at Riad Si Said after three days climbing Jebel Toukbal in the High Atlas Mountains. I was tired and aching. The welcome at Si Said was incredibly warm and my obvious aches were soothed by a hamman and massage suggested by the manager and undertaken at the neighbouring Riad which is also part of the Angsana Riads Collection. My massseuse was a Filipino who had trained at Banyan Tree and was superb.
Si Said was immaculately clean and beautifully designed with a plunge pool and sun loungers on the roof and a small swimming pool on the ground floor. The bedroon was well designed with efficient air-con, and the bathroom (reached via a small dressing area) had an open shower and brass hand-beaten basin.
Food was extremely good and the service was unremarkable but attentive.
Si Said is located about 5 minutes' walk from the main square and souks which can be reached by two roads. It would be hard to get lost given it's location and proximity to key landmarks. Local bars include Cafe Arab (great for an afternoon drink or dinner on the roof) and Kosybar which has a stunning view of the city from its terrace and serves tasty uncomplicated dishes. Cafe Arab and Kosybar are a 10 and 2 minute walk respectively - reasonable value too.
Si Said was reasonably priced and somewhere well worth staying if you are doing a long weekend visit to Marrakech. It's also only 1 hour from the Atlas mountain walks and far more attractive to stay at than the hideously expensive and underwhelming alternative nearer to Toukbal (namely Kasbah Toukbal whose management team have clearly never been taught the concept of customer service).
Full marks to Riad Si Said
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said Hotel Marrakech
- Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel like royalty as soon as you enter this splendid all-suite riad, which is beautifully decorated in opulent gold and soothing cream hues. As you... Feel like royalty as soon as you enter this splendid all-suite riad, which is beautifully decorated in opulent gold and soothing cream hues. As you admire the intricate zellij or mosaic tiles surrounding you, take comfort that your stay will be an unforgettable one. For total relaxation, indulge in the jet pool or a hammam, traditional bathhouse. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia and Hotels.com so you can book your Angsana Riads Collection Morocco - Riad Si Said reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.