“What a beautiful Riad! Thank you for making our stay comfortable!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dar Dallah

You added Riad Dar Dallah to your Saves list
Riad Dar Dallah
107, derb El Cadi | Azbest - Médina, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #714 of 1,120 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London
“What a beautiful Riad! Thank you for making our stay comfortable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

I just came back from Marrakech today and I would not wait a day to leave an excellent review for this beautiful Riad Dar Dallah. We have a little girl, 3.5 years old with us and the staffs were accomodating and friendly with her. We enjoy our stay there and would highly recommend this Riad to anyone. The place is really peaceful and comfortable. It is defnitely a 5 star Riad with excellent facilities, atmosphere, and service. It is around 10 mins walk to the square and I have to say it was a litte deep inside many small lanes. It is all worth it!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with family

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2008

At first it's somewhat daunting, following a man carry your bags down tiny alleys in a very busy city and it's almost certain you'll feel slightly insecure at some point, but soon those feelings disappear as you enter Dar Dallah.

This hidden oasis is a tranquil retreat just 10-15 minutes from the main square in the medina. Patrick is quick to reassure you and kindly explain the best places to visit for your trip to Marrakech. We weren't there long but he gave us some great do's and don'ts.

The rooms are stunning, amazing walk in shower that uses solar heated water, and the communal areas are so beautiful.

Definitely a place to chill out in this crazily busy place.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2008

Patrick's beautiful Riad is my favorite place in Morocco. The rooms are beautiful and filled with the little touches that make a place really feel like home. The courtyard, with its trees and footbath, is exactly the place to relax after a long day in the souk. The upstairs terrace, where we were served wonderful food by the warm and professional staff, is stunning.

But the main attraction is Patrick himself. He is kind and helpful, knows Marrakech better than most of the locals, and is determined to make your stay perfect. I was preparing to propose to my now fiancee and Patrick kept the ring for me, prepared a toast for us, and made sure every step of our trip was just right.

I would recommend this riad to anyone going to Marrakech, and take Patrick's recommendations if you are going anywhere else in Morocco as well!

• Liked — The rooms were spectacular
  • Disliked — Late at night it was a bit dark in front of the doorway.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2008

It was a unique experience to stay at this magical retreat! The decor and details of the Riad reflect the beautiful art and creativity of Marrakech. Thanks to Patrick & his staff, everything that I needed was taken care of! Patrick went out of his way to organize me a perfect itinary, exactly suited to all my needs, what I wanted to see, my guides, restaurants, pampering and useful tips on not getting lost! I will definately go back on my next trip to Morocco! Thank you!!

• Liked — Beautiful art and interiors. Individual feel of each of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
SFO/LHR/ARL/CDG/RBA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2008

My wife and I have stayed in Dar Dallah twice now, and loved it both times.

The first time we stayed there was for our honeymoon last year. In preparation for our visit to Marrakesh, I spent three days a few months before visiting about 15 riads, none of which compared to the beauty, tranquility and friendliness of Dar Dallah. For our honeymoon, we stayed in the gorgeous suite. Last month, we stayed in one of the rooms downstairs.

The riad itself is gorgeous, with a 1920s minimalist style, a lovely small pool and a beautiful garden in the courtyard. Upstairs on the balcony, the view is magnificent and the breakfast (served under a canopy of flowers) is a delicious combination of European and Moroccan treats.

The staff and owner are gracious and welcoming, with just the right combination of attention and advice and giving you the quiet time to enjoy the peaceful setting.

I would highly recommend Dar Dallah to anyone visiting Marrakesh (especially a first time visitor!).

• Liked — The peaceful atmosphere
  • Disliked — There was nothing to dislike
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
London/New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2008

My husband and I stayed at Dar Dallah the first weekend of May and our stay truly made our experience in Marrakech. The house itself is a beautiful suprise, tucked away among the narrow alleys and unassuming doors of the city. The rooms are stylish, comfortable and clean. The roof terrace is an oasis of calm among the bussle of the streets below. And the breakfast is relaxing, plentiful and tasty.

But it's the service that really makes Dar Dallah stand out from the rest. The owner, Patrick, instantly makes you feel like a guest in his home. Upon arrival, he spent about an hour with us on the roof terrace, sipping mint tea and giving us some useful tips. He had also pre-booked us at two great restaurants knowing that we'd never get in otherwise. Patrick also helped us arrange airport transfer (essential to find the place) and a day trip to the Atlas Mountains.

We'd happily recommend our friends to stay at Dar Dallah.

• Liked — The owner
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Lancashire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2008

My wife and I spent four nights here with another couple at the beginning of May 2008. The whole experience was exceptionally good, and the care taken by Patrick was outstanding. He arranged a taxi and handcart (yes) from the airport (essential if you really want to arrive without hassle). He spent time with us to explain how to get the best out of Marrakech - his directions are a must unless you quite like getting lost - and thoughtfully arranged various extras and restaurant bookings. His riad is lovely, tranquil and presented to a high standard. Breakfast on the terrace was also very lovely. I would have no hesitation recommending this place to other tourists.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with friends

Been to Riad Dar Dallah? Share your experiences!