“Beautiful Riad” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 1,126 Marrakech B&B and Inns
WV
“Beautiful Riad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Everything was truly wonderful. The rooms are lovely and unique, and the dining area is a cool and peaceful place. Didier and Eric are wonderful hosts, Didier even took the time to walk me to the main square and a restaurant, making sure I would find my way there and back. The location is perfect, close enough to all the sights, yet in a quiet area. I can't imagine a better place to stay in Marrakech!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for this great a review. We were happy to receive you and more to read that you have enjoyed your stay in the riad.
We hope to have the pleasure to see you another time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bussum, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Didier and Erik are the perfect hosts. I had a lot of questions prior to our arrival and all were answered in the nicest and most helpful way. It was our first introduction to Marocco and really great: Beautiful Riad with a lot of eye for detail.
The teapot room we had was very comfortable with a beautiful bathroom.
And then the food......twice we had dinner in the Riad and it was probably the best I had during our three week holiday. Also breakfast was excellent. Plus they made huge efforts to make glutenfree bread for my partner and they made even nicer glutenfree alternatives for him at dinner.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank your for this great review and to have chosen our riad for your stay in Marrakech. It was a pleasure to meet you and we are happy to read that you have appreciate riad Houdou. It is normal to help our gluten allergic guest and each time, Rajaa, our cook, tries to found how to arrange traditional recipies without gluten.
We hope to have the pleasure to see you another time!
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed in Riad Houdou for a few nights in July. The Riad is located in the middle of the Medina (old town), although it's not hard to get there (it's very close to place Moukef, where taxis can still stop). They have a pick up service to and from the airport, which is slightly more expensive than a taxi, but worth it.
The riad is small but very well maintained, the rooms are well decorated, and the place is very quiet, on a side street which separates it from the bustle of some of the streets in the medina. The atmosfere is very relaxed and homely.
The staff is excelent, very very friendly and efficient, and the two french owners (Didier and Eric) are extremelly helpful, friendly and attentive.
Breakfast is very good, with plenty of choices, and dinner is even better (it's not included in the accomodation, but it's well worth the price, I highly recommend it).
Our room was very nice, with a small balcony for ourselves, but the downside was the fact that it was on the top floor, and therefore very hot during the day (it is air conditioned, but Marrakesh is very warm in the summer months).
I highly recommend this riad, as it has excelent value for money, the location is great to explore the medina, and we felt extremelly welcome throughout.

Room Tip: The top room is very warm during the summer months, and the air conditioning is hard pressed to cool...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello
Thank you very much to have chosen our riad and for this review. I'm very happy to read that you have appreciate our riad. You're right for the room on the roof terrace but of course with the air conditioning we can limited the hotness of the summer in Marrakech!
We hope to have the pleasure to receive you another time.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

I didn't actually stay here but the two French guys helped me out when I was lost.
I had been looking for another Riad which had been incorrectly marked on Google maps as in the same area as this Riad. I had been looking for the other Riad for some time when I called to the door and the two guys couldn't have been any more helpful. They helped me contact my Riad and let me use their WIFI and gave me a drink.
Without them I would still be looking for my Riad!
The place itself is beautiful and when I come back to Morocco I will definitely stay there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello
Thank you so much for this unexpected review, that's very kind of you. It was not a big deal for us to help you and we know that it can be very stressful when you don't know a medina to find a place.
To the pleasure to welcome you if you come back.
Best regards
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I have just returned from a week away in Marrakech and stayed one night at the Riad Houdou.
As many others have said, this place is just a dream! The riad itself is impeccable - really clean with lovely decor and is a real oasis from the chaos of the medina. The open air courtyard where we ate and had afternoon tea was so bright and so relaxing at the same time. Our room, the Babouche room was really authentic and stylish, with a fab private roof terrace. As single female travellers we were really anxious about finding the riad, however Didier provided us with directions from the square, which made so much sense when we arrived, and although we got lost (which was part of the fun experience) the riad is less than 10 mins walking distance from the Djemma el Fna square through open streets and souks (not as scary as I thought!).
The best thing about this Riad has to be the hosts - Didier and Eric - from the second we arrived their friendliness and openess was so lovely and reassured any stresses I had about travelling around Marrakech and the medina. They showed us around the main areas and even took us to the square at night - way beyond what they needed to. My only regret is that I didn't stay here longer..a really handy base for those visiting the city.
We will be back! Thank you for a brilliant stay with you.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Babouche suite which was decorated gorgeous - and has its own roof terrace which ma...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Kirsty

It was pleasure to meet you and I'm very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay in the medina. Thank you so much for this review.
It will be a pleasure to receive you another time in the riad!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

What an incredible experience thanks to Eric and Didier! These passionate hosts will welcome you warmly into their riad and you won't want to leave. Their level of service and hospitality was absolutely wonderful; from walking us into the main square so we get to know our neighbourhood, to sitting and chatting over mint tea on the rooftop terrace upon arrival, to warm communal dining with the other guests. The riad itself if top-notch - authentic and charming decor with all the creature comforts such as airconditioning, lovely bath products and complimentary water and sweets. There's a refreshing plunge-pool for the hotter months, and dining under the lemon and lime trees is heavenly at any time of year. Their staff are also exceptional - nothing is ever too much trouble. I also travelled with two coeliacs, and they went above and beyond to cater for gluten-free needs (unheard of in the rest of Morocco!). As someone who has been to Morocco 8 times, Riad Houdou is the only place I will revisit and bring my family and friends to, without a doubt. Thank you Eric and Didier for the most wonderful stay in Marrakech!

Room Tip: The family room upstairs (one queen bed and two single beds) is absolutely wonderful for a family or...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Anne

Thank you to have chosen our riad and for your so nice reveiw! We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay and more to know that you want come back! It is a great honor from a connoisseur of Morocco such as you! Rajaa tries to satisfay the guest who want o avoid gluten, and I'm happy to read that you have appreciate.
Friendly
Falmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We were lucky enough to have had Riad Houdou recommended to us by a friend who had stayed there last year and we were't disappointed!
The decor is gorgeous and Eric & Didier have an eye for detail which results in tasteful, eclectic rooms which are a pleasure to be in. One of the highlights of our stay was our Hammam and massage afterwards, made all the more pleasurable as we didn't have to leave the RIad.

Eric & Didier were perfect hosts and we had a fantastic evening with them and other guests enjoying a beautifully prepared meal showcasing the best of Morrocan cuisine.

It was only a short walk to the main square and once we were shown the way by Didier, we found it easy to navigate our way through the Medina. Eric and Didier are the "Go To" for local info and anything you want to know, from where to eat, what to pay and how much things should cost. This
was invaluable.

The staff are great, so friendly and helpful which really makes a difference and the cook makes all her own homemade preserves etc which we loved, especially the cherry jam, delicious!

There's just nothing bad to say so get your stay booked now!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Houdou, Propriétaire at Riad Houdou, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Dear Rebecca
Thank you very much for your enthusiastic review. We are so hoppy to read that you have enjoyed your stay and what we purpose. A lot of guests like the hammam with Sherazade and the massage with Khadija.
It was a pleasure to receive you and we hope to see you another time!

Been to Riad Houdou? Share your experiences!