My fiance and I stayed at the Riad Chouia Chouia in December, right before Christmas, and had a great 3 night stay. We stayed in the Ohcooq room which I highly recommend for a couple! It's the most private of all the rooms as it's on the highest floor of the riad. Your door opens right up onto the top level of the riad (open air) and it's just a half flight of stairs above you to the terrace where breakfast awaits. We spent an entire morning after breakfast lounging around reading - we had the entire terrace to ourselves. Beautiful view of Atlas Mountains, the Koutobia mosque, and the rest of the city. You can hear the hum of music and life from the square (D'jemma al Fna) nearby. Wifi isn't great in our room but works well in lobby. We had Mo Mo book us a driver to take us "to the mountains" for the day and it was a great chance to see more of Morocco and get out of the city, but in retrospect, it wasn't really on "off the grid" experience that we were hoping for - pretty touristy, lots of stops for camel rides (15 mins back and forth on a trail, underwhelming - don't do it!), rug shop, "pay the guide to take you to the waterfall". We grabbed lunch in the town at the end of the road and then walked around ourselves before heading back to M-kech. Our driver was very nice however to take us to the train station on our way back so we could purchase our train tickets to Tangier - saved us a ton of time and hassle! We loved walking into D'jemma al Fna at night and getting dinner in the food stalls - get ready for aggressive men peddling identical menus. Quite the experience! Followed by mint tea on the balcony of one of the square restaurants. All in all, we loved our Marrakech experience and really enjoyed the Riad Chouia Chouia - we'd book again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quartier El Ksour is an area full of secret palaces. Riad Chouia Chouia is an exceptional house. Cool off in the swimming pool which is situated in the courtyard patio. Within 2 minutes from Jemmaa el fna square. Price range: 35 to 100 euros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Chouia Chouia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Chouia Chouia Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Hotel Marrakech