We were unimpressed when the staff took it upon themselves to move our belongings from the room we'd been staying in for 4 nights without our consent whilst we were out of the property. It has to be the worst service we've ever received from a hotel. Nothing was missing but that is beyond the point, prior warning would've been much appreciated. Afterwards we were told it was because our booking was for 2 separate rooms (lie, we paid the same room rate and booked the only twin room available). We were moved to a much smaller room on our final night with a bathroom that was a fraction of the size of the one we had before - then again you don't go on holiday to use the bathroom facilities too much anyway!
Belongings drama aside Riad Chouia Chouia was fantastically clean (I'd probably eat off the bathroom surfaces), the complimentary breakfast was great and authentic and the staff were helpful. The location is very close to the Medina and the view of the Koutubia Mosque from the terrace is amazing. I would recommend staying here but would advise caution - the forced room move debacle shows a basic lack of judgement, service and respect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quartier El Ksour is an area full of secret palaces. Riad Chouia Chouia is an exceptional house. Cool off in the swimming pool which is situated in the courtyard patio. Within 2 minutes from Jemmaa el fna square. Price range: 35 to 100 euros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Priceline, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Chouia Chouia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Chouia Chouia Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Hotel Marrakech