Arranged to be picked up at airport which was a good idea because it would be hard to find (like most of the riads in Marrakech) on your own. Really close to Djemaa el-Fna and easy to get to the square once given the simple instructions. Despite the dark alleys leading to the riad, the area feels safe.
The riad itself isn't fancy (although it has many unique and quirky touches) but it is clean and excellent value for money. The various terraces provide plenty of choices for relaxing and the small plunge pool is very welcome after a hot afternoon wandering the souks.
The staff at the riad is fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble. Everyone is incredibly friendly and helpful - they arranged a trip to Ourika for us which was a lovely antidote to the hustle and bustle of the city. Apparently there are lots of other things they can arrange for you too - just ask. We ate at the riad on the last day and wished we had done so sooner. The food was amazing - the best we'd had all week.
As far as Marrakech itself is concerned, it was our first trip and we learned the hard way that the best thing to do is always ask the price first. The henna tattoo women in the square are ruthless!! Don't be worried about saying no and walking away from the many people that will approach you to buy something, to guide you somewhere, etc.
Go to a hammam and have a fantastic massage, enjoy some lively banter from the boys on the food stalls in Djemaa el-Fna and take in the sights and sounds of Marrakech at night. Have as good a time as we did - I just can't wait to go back and will be staying at Chouia Chouia when I do.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Chouia Chouia Hotel
- Riad Chouia Chouia Hotel Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Marrakech
- Riad Chouia Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quartier El Ksour is an area full of secret palaces. Riad Chouia Chouia is an exceptional house. Cool off in the swimming pool which is situated in the courtyard patio. Within 2 minutes from Jemmaa el fna square. Price range: 35 to 100 euros. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Orbitz, Budget Places, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your Riad Chouia Chouia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.