“Riad Dalia,Marrakech” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Dalia

Save Saved
You added Riad Dalia to your Saves list
Riad Dalia
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   40 derb Tizegarine | Rue Dar El Bacha Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #29 of 188 Specialty Lodging in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Riad Dalia,Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We were very well looked after by Mohammed and his staff.
The room was spacious and beautifully decorated,though could of used a bathroom door.
Breakfast was included and perfectly adequate.
We stayed on the ground floor and cigarette smoke from guests sitting outside our room filled the bedroom which wasn't ideal but all in all a great Riad,value for money and id stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Thank you to Mohammed and his staff for a really lovely stay in your beautiful Riad.We were very well looked after and the location is wonderful. The Riad also arranged for a car and driver for us to travel around southern Morocco for 6 days. the driver was wonderful and the price very reasonable. highly recommended and we look forward to returning. Only word of warning is to sit out of the line of fire of the birds in the morning while having breakfast but it is all part of the charm as well. This is an authentic riad and beautifully done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our room in the riad was good. The courtyard has birds in it, and bird droppings on the tables, which the staff didn't clean off before serving us breakfast. That's gross.

When we got out of our cab in Marrakech, an annoying "guide" - who I tried everything to get rid of - insisted on taking us to the hotel. On the way he stopped to talk to a girl he knew. When we got to the riad, I had the inevitable argument with the "guide." I wouldn't pay him the five bucks he wanted, since I never hired him and had told him repeatedly that I wasn't interested in his services. He stomped off in a huff.

When we walked in, who did we see working at the riad? The girl he stopped to chat with. She sold us out to a tout! She also offered us juice and tea upon arriving, as is customary to welcome guests in much of Morocco, and later charged us for them. Needless to say she got no tip from us upon check out.

We chose this riad based on tripadvisor's good reviews, but we were disappointed. There are nicer riads that charge less money and practice business in a more honest manner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

A place of remarkable beauty, Riad Dalia is located in the heart of the Northern Medina. Follow a few tiny streets, through a Souk, to reach the Jamaa El Fna square. The inner court is of a serene beauty, the decoration of the rooms is very tasteful. Our bathroom had a remarkable, understated elegance, quite possibly the most splendid place I've ever splashed my face with cold water in.

Despite the busy surroundings, the place is very quiet as night. Add to that the friendliness of the staff, and you get a perfect stay in Marrakech.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

We are on a round trip in Marrakech as we arrived at this lovely riad. Finding it was not really easy. But as soon as you're at palais bacha and you walk towards the souks, you'll find a sign with several other Riads on you're left.
The staff here is super friendly (speaking French and a bit English).
The rooms are small but beautiful decorated.
The breakfast is excellent. We ate upstairs on the terras in the sun. The orange juice was far better then we experienced on the big square and we got hot-chocolate!
It's nice and quiet here and within 2minutes you are in the main souk of Marrakech.
We could recommend everybody to stay at this Riad for a few day's.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed at the Dalia for two nights, and enjoyed the peace, beauty and atmosphere of the place. Mohammad and his staff are truly wonderful people, and were helpful from the booking onwards. They arranged transfers for me on arrival and departure. I was greeted at the taxi stand and shown the way to the riad through the twists and turns of the madina (all this with them carrying my bags). I was given a bottle of cold water on arrival, and shown to my room which was beautifully decorated.

The quality of sleep was wonderful. The double bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in whilst on travels (there was also a second single bed in the "chamber" which was softer as well). Since the room overlooks the courtyard there was ambient noise through the shuttered windows, but this was quiet chat on the first night, and a member of staff softly practicing traditional music on the second (a marvelous sound to drift off to).

The breakfast was served in the courtyard. Moroccan bread with butter, cheese, and jam; a boiled egg and freshly squeezed orange juice served on arabesque plates. The meal was tasty, and the coffee good. In fact, I should note that I found the juice far better than the "must have" juice at the Jamaa el Fna. The riad also offers other meals if you let them know you want them. While I didn't arrange either of my evening meals here, I was served some very nice bread, tomatoes and juice just before my departure.

The helpfulness and attention of the staff can again be mentioned, as I was once again guided out of the narrow streets till I got a handle on the route on my second day. Staff members also helped with my bags to the pick up point on the day I left.

The courtyard, rooms, and common areas are really atmospheric, and the decorations gorgeous. I spent some very pleasant time just chilling in the shade of the courtyard.

I really cannot rate this riad (an especially the staff) highly enough!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We arrived in Marrakech on a Sunday evening and found getting a taxi at the train station to the riad difficult. Finally found one who could take us, but only so far as cars cannot navigate the narrow and winding lanes. We were immediately pounced upon by a group of young boys who offered to take us anywhere - and we immediately realized we were at their mercy as we had no idea where to go. We were slightly apprehensive as we were hurried through the maze, but as soon as we arrived at the riad, the welcome given by Mohammed put us at ease. He claims his English is poor, but I think he just looks for compliments - communication about anything was no problem at all. He is a very friendly and warm gentleman. We stayed in two different rooms; both were very Moroccan in decore with tiles, scarves, cushions, carpets, potpouri, brasssware everywhere. The riad could be a small museum or a gift shop - there was always something to look at. One of our rooms opened out into a sitting room with a great collection of Moroccan travel books. Bathroom was big - as was the bathtub - and the water was always hot. Breakfast was excellent - we still dream about freshly squeezed orange juice and Moroccan pancakes - and we enjoyed it up on the rooftop terrace one morning and in the central courtyard, teeming with flowering plants, vines and small fountain, the next. If you are òf the arthritic knee vintage, the stairs up to the terrace can be a small challenge, but once there the climb is well worth it. . This is not a western style, ultra clean (and ultra impersonal) hotel. It is a wonderful collection of rooms full of colors and textures and wooden window shutters, hidden away behind a closed door, that meet all the exotic expectations of Marrakech. Many of the attractions of Marrakech are within walking distance of the riad or a short taxi ride away. Mohammed has all the information about where to go and how to get there and has a great map of the immediate area. He advised us which alleyways to take our first night there and which to leave for the daylight hours - not, I`m sure due to safety, but just to help us from getting lost at night. He also made sure there were no language mix-ups with taxi drivers and that they were sure of our destinations. Mohammed is the star of the show!

Room Tip: Use the guides to lead you to Riad Dalia. There is some signage, but it is easy to miss the first t...