“Outstanding pre-visit service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Arabo Andalouse

You added Maison Arabo Andalouse to your Saves list
Maison Arabo Andalouse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Touareg No 67 | K'Sibt N'Hass Kasbah, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
Middle Summer Special
Ranked #46 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Hong Kong
“Outstanding pre-visit service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

Due to a change in travel plans, I reluctantly cancelled my booking. Requests I made during the booking process through an agent, were met with prompt, detailed, personal replies from Gpaolo, the owner. I was overwhelmed by his efforts to make our stay as comfortable and easy as possible and felt already at home there although still thousands of miles away.
Although the booking company was very efficient in passing on requests, I recommend contacting Gpaolo directly if you wish to book.
PS. In order to post my review, I needed to fill in ratings that I'm not in a position to do without actually staying there. So I'm filling them in according to what I expect from a riad owned by Gpaolo. I don't leave for Morocco until 4/9.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
I'm thinking the duty of a owner it's not only to get profit but to try to give to the hosts(coming soon like old friends)all the informations and the 10 years experience given by living on a place.........
When you will re-scheduled your trip,heven,if you will not stay with us,don't hesitate to ask for any of your question.
Choukrane Maa Salama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Polish first
Frederiksberg, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This old and very well maintained riad is full of charm. It has a very nice roof top where you can relaxe, and a nice little pool where you can be cooled off or children can play. I stayed there for three nights with my Little famility of four, and we all enjoyed it a lot. The service at the riad is in top, and the host is very friendly and has a story or two to tell. The location is also very good - around the corner shops, where you can buy your own food etc,. and short walking distance to dermaa el fna. This riad contributed highly to what I felt as a unique visit to Marakech.

Room Tip: Send an email and ask what rooms are availeble - if more rooms are availeble, you can choose when yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Manager at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
They are right and not,same guests think that our Plunge-pool it's not to consider like a small pool,I think,for kids it's quite enough to spend few time playing at chilled water when outside reach the 44 degreed.
Nice well educated Family,curious to know the history of this old Kaid (Major) Palace.
They appreciate the Riad position, more & more merchants are near by and the Square it's just at 6 minutes walking.
Choukrane Maa Salama
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

From start to finish, this riad was the perfect choice for our trip. It is within walking distance to Jemaa el Fna via an easy-to-navigate route (a comfort in the labyrinth that is the Medina). The riad is tucked away in a quiet alley -- perfect for retreating from the hustle and bustle. Gpaolo was always quick to answer emails before our stay and made sure we had the soy milk we needed for dietary restrictions. Mohamed was a fantastic host -- walking us to our taxis and ensuring we got a good price, helping us locate our city guide (and then taking his cell phone number just to be sure…), calling day trip companies to negotiate prices, setting up meals, serving mint tea, being sweet to our children… the list goes on and on. Fatima made the most delicious meals!! Breakfast was always fresh and served on their gorgeous terrace. We even prearranged dinner on our second night there -- one of the best tagine meals we had in Morocco! Room 8 is amazing with a large private terrace and room 6 also has a great little balcony, but honestly, all of the rooms are beautifully decorated and have their own special charm. It was a wonderful experience for our family of four!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
I didn't do too much for those American family,first visit on Morocco.Of course, I had a long mails exchange for try to give them the most usefully informations about their stay.
For sure,now I'm conscious that even if me I'm not at the Riad our staffs know how me I like ,for all the kind Guests,to be the approach.
Choukrane for your reconnaissance of ours efforts to give all of you the home-family sensation.
Cadorago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

It is a beautiful, very well kept, old house, and therefore, stairs up and down and not overly large rooms but as we had bathroom, two rooms, and a big terrace we had a good “apartment”. Nevertheless; sufficient, everything worked, and very nice atmosphere. The raid is situated in a quite area which is very relaxing after being around in Marrakech. From our terrace we could enjoy the family life of many storks, which was fascinating. We have not been so close to storks before. Mohamed was most helpful all the time and made sure that we had a good stay.

Room Tip: We had a very nice room, No. 8, on the top floor with bedroom, living room, and a big terrace.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GPaolo B, Propriétaire at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
I have a meeting somewhere in Europe with this couple,I don't know them but it's seems they have plenty of ideas how to give more ""charm"" to the Riad almost to take advantage and give more importance of what exist naturally.
Of course I accept the suggestions,all what give more comfort and satisfaction to our guests it's our priority!!!!!!!!!!
The storks kids,that you sow from your terrace,soon they will leave,but parents will stay and next may you will see the new-born(invitation to come back)
Merci,Choukrane
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

My family and I visited the riad for one night whilst in Marrakech. The entire staff is extremely warm and welcoming and go out of their way to assist you. The riad itself is beautiful and rich in history. Breakfast was fresh and nicely prepared. Mohammed will take care of you from the moment you arrive until your departure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I don' t understand those guests,on the review they say that everiting it's more than perfect,on the rating, they express less than average.........no reply,even,I know the international 5 stars hotel they went after the review was more than negative.........incomprehension!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I arrived early in the morning, traveling alone and Paolo was so welcoming. Giving me tea and fresh orange juice and a detailed description of Marrakech and our surroundings. He let me check in early and check out late, working with my flight schedule. Every morning the breakfast was superb! I stayed in Room 8 which is such a quiet oasis in the midst of the bustle of the city. Everyone that worked there was so warm and helpful!!

I really recommend this Riad! It is so close to everything, I walked everywhere and it was very easy. DO it! Book room #6 or #8 for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Generally I'm welcoming person more attentive when young travelling alon as for this kind guest very interested to discover the bustle city.
I don't understand the vote ""Quality Price""little negative,if you pay the staff and the taxes as duty Marrakesh it's like all the big cities.
Important you relaxed on our big terrace where you spend part of the night looking the stars..........
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The positive Tripadvisor reviews I read before I stayed there with my wife were misleading. Water pressure was no more than a dribble. Water warmed if let run for 5 minutes or so. Bathroom facilities were very basic and poorly lit, no hairdrier, no shower gel or shampoo and the towels were well worn and small. The airconditioning unit didn't work for the first night because one of the buttons on the control was jammed with grime. Mohammed fixed it next morning. The room was too small to leave the unit on all night. The riad was hard to find and the approach alleys are too narrow for a taxi and were lined with poor people, poor lighting and broken paths, etc. Otherwise I concur with Chutneypickles and others. The bed was comfortable. The rooftop breakfast was very good. The house had some charm and was very quiet. Mohammed tried very hard to make us feel welcome and was helpful. After 2 nights, we moved to the nearby Riad Marrakesh, which was cheaper and vastly better. My confidence in Tripadvisor reviews has been shaken by this experience. I was particularly shocked to see a Tripadvisor plaque there commending it as a best in class in 2013.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
No Comments, 253 excellent, 30 very good, 4 average, 3 poor, terrible 3, are the answers to our dear guest.............................