“Perfection!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Maison Arabo Andalouse

You added Maison Arabo Andalouse to your Saves list
Maison Arabo Andalouse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Touareg No 67 | K'Sibt N'Hass Kasbah, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #38 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Prague, Czech Republic
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Me and my parents stayed at the Riad Maison Arabo Andalouse for a week. We chose the Riad according to a very positive reviews at Trip Advisor and Booking.com and we weren't disappointed! We can't image a better place to stay for a calm atmosphere in the crazy busy Marrakech! The Riad itself is amazingly beautiful! The rooms are big and have everything you might need. We travel a lot and we think this was one of the best places we ever stayed at, by far! The owner of the Riad, Paolo, is very caring and extremely helpful! He helped us to get around Marrakech, provided us with maps and very useful advices. He is also a great person and thanks to him we felt very welcomed and like at home. The Riad's staff is amazing as well. Fatima and Sara are the best cooks, thanks to them we were spoiled every morning by the tasteful breakfasts and also one evening, by the amazing Moroccan dinner we ordered. Jouanes and Mohamed were very caring and helped us with anything we needed.
Everything at this Riad is perfect and if we are ever back in Marrakech, this place is where we will stay, with no doubts!
Thank you Paolo for everything you did for us! We miss you and your Riad already!:)

Room Tip: Rooms with terraces are amazing! They are huge and have everything you might need! I think you can h...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
It's really hard to try to reply at this review,because the guests are so fantastic and for me do not mention her name it's like a insult.
It is more & more difficult to find so enthusiasm on what it's our job to give the best of all ours propositions.
Till when people like you exist our job as a mining.
SHUKRAN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

First of all, thanks GPaolo for all the excellent arrangement during my trip.
The rooms are well cleaned and organized of Morocco style,but what I am surprised with is the excellent hospitality of all the staffs in Maison.
All the staffs were so kind that our family could spend a really fantastic stay in Marrakech.
I spent the new year holiday with my family in Maison Arabo Andalouse.
This is the first visit for my family to Morocco.
I have no time to check the activity in Marrakech because I tied up by business during the end of the last year.
So I had no way except asking GPaolo,the owner of Maison, for my trip arrangement.
But it turned out to be a really good choice that I relied all on GPaolo.

GPaolo knew what our family would like to do and very kindly arranged all the Marrakech activities including city tour and 1 night camel tent tour.
The first day of my city tour, I left a tour plan sheet which GPaolo gave me in the maison. However, Mohammed kindly drove a scooter and caught up with our taxi just to hand the sheet over to me.
GPaolo thought one step ahead for my family and sorted everything out for us.

Especially Camel tent tour was a great experience for my children.
GPaolo kindly chartered one car and driver for my family tent tour.
The driver was very friendly , could speak English very well and explained all about Morocco.
My son became a good friend of the driver guide when the tour finished.

The last night of my staying in Maison, our family were a little bit tired and no energy to go outside to have a dinner.
Because of that, GPaolo arranged a really fantastic dinner for us in the Maison and we could spend a very relaxed night.

I personally believe that nice and warmful hospitality you'll be given in this Maison could not be done in big hotels.
My children said that when they grew up, they definitely would like to come again with friends
to Maison Arabo Andalouse!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
I'ts for me a pleasure to help ours kind guests to relax,when they give me the timing and the wishes they have it's easy to propose several possibility on relax out of all kind of stress. The long experience, now,let me understand when I have to give my support and the staff acts and follow my intuitions,perfect,what I have to remember the Japanese they don't appreciate to much on our Menu the dishes with "Beldi"(local)vegetable on Sweet&Suer. ""Domo Harigato"",I'm waiting for your sons together with their friends.
Saumur, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

We have just come back from a week in Marrakech at the Riad Maison Arabo Andalouse.
We chose the Riad on the strength of the reviews on Trip Advisor and we weren't disappointed.
We arranged an airport transfer with GPaolo, which was great and Mohamed met us to show us the final walk to the Riad.
Despite being close to all the bustle, the Riad is in a very quiet street and once inside it is totally calm, and beautiful.
Mohamed is an absolute diamond. He was so helpful and knowledgeable, and nothing was too much trouble. Zahra and Fatima were also great, and made us feel completely at home.
We ate at the Riad one night, and it was the best meal we had in Marrakech. The Tagine of lamb, prunes and almonds was so fresh and tasty.
Our room, no. 7, was lovely - and we loved just lying in bed looking at the amazing structure of the ceiling.
The weather was not that kind to us, being wet and chilly especially at night, but the heating in the room and bathroom were completely adequate and we were never cold.
Although we didn't have much opportunity to use the roof terrace, the views of the storks and across the rooftops was stunning, and when the sun did appear it was a proper suntrap.
All the places we visited on Mohamed's recommendations were superb, and I would recommend the excursion to the Mountains and also the superb Hammam, not far from the Riad.
We were the only guests staying for the majority of the week, so we had the opportunity to view all the rooms, and they were all lovely - which ever room you get you won't be disappointed.
We will definitely return both to Marrakech, which we loved, and certainly to the Maison Arabo Andalouse.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,thanks for yours enthusiastic comments and rewarding, but honestly perfection is always something we seek and hope to find. Can you image for a owner like me I'm witch pleasure to read from ours kind Guests so nice comments.
I taught my staff that the Riad must offer same atmosphere with 2 or 20 Guests that it's the only way to give at everybody the impression to be at home.
Choukrane Maa Salama
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Maison Arabo Andalouse is a truly amazing place. Beautiful Riyad with very nice rooms, picturesque roof terrace, cooling pool and most importantly: Amazingly warm people that help you out in any circumstance. Very close to the center and still an oasis of calm with storks on the roof ( at least in winter I guess).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
I think it's the Jung man who I have meet during the breakfasts on Restaurant-Room just in front a fire-box during the breakfast time,Very interested at the History of near by Baadi Palais,linked on past time with our Riad. Due the fact he working on show-biz organisation,we discuss for organise a Special Event on our Great-Terrase or on one of the Patios.
I hope will be possible to organise soon the feast.
Choukrane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

We spent 3 nights in the riad and were warmly welcomed by Mohammed upon arrival into the small streets of the medina. We were shown our room (I think it was the number 3) and were offered mint tea just outside our room I'm front of the plunge pool. The building itself is gorgeous and I found the architecture stunning. The rooms were decorated in a Moroccan style with plenty of small lights that makes you feel very cosy in your room! Really liked the room
Mohammed was full of good tips and recommendations on where to eat, where to change money, the hammam, and he was always willing to help ( sometimes I think he was a bit stressed for us by our lack of planning and our change of minds ;)). He even went to sourced us some tea spots after we decided the last night of our trips that the mint tea was way too good to leave this great new addiction in Morocco. He's been very helpful all the way of our trip, from anything to getting us a cab, to walking us to the restaurant we wanted to go, he was willing to help.
Fatima and Zahara were also were welcoming and we had a chance to try their amazing cooking skills one night on the terrace. I can only urge you to book at least one meal at the riad, I promise you won't regret it! The food was an absolute delight, by far the best one we had in Marrakech and, from my perspective, the best Moroccan dish I had ever tried out! On top of the gorgeous food, you get to eat on the terrace which is something really special, you're surrounded by the big birds and hear the call to the prayers coming from all around the city while you enjoy your own private meal in a magical atmosphere.
Overall, it was a fantastic place to stay that felt a lot more than just a place to sleep. We felt very welcome and at home thanks to the special welcome of Mohammed, Fatima and Zahara! Thanks a lot for this special trip!

Room Tip: We were recommended the room that has the private terrace for the next trip. I think it's the ro...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Mohamed Zahra and Fatima they particularly what to thanks those guests for their kindness and appreciation of their job and for what they prepare for the terrace diner.
The staffs say they appreciate so much the big terrace with all Marrakesh sounds.
Many thanks for your generous explication of your stay with us.
Shukran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent seven nights in this lovely riad with my parents, which is very conveniently located. Before we arrived, the owner GPaolo was very helpful and responded to an urgent email I sent him within minutes in order to change our booking dates. GPaolo also very kindly agreed to give us complimentary dinner on our arrival date as well as free airport transfers. The lamb tagine and harira soup were one of the best we had on our trip and I would recommend eating at least once in the riad. GPaolo was not there on arrival but Mohammed, Fatima, Zahra and Rachida welcomed us like family from the moment we arrived and nothing was too much trouble. Mohammed was very friendly and always on hand to answer any questions or make any arrangements such as booking us into the local hamam called bains al hamraa which again was brilliant and very good value for money (500 dhms for 45 min hamam and 1hour massage). We were in suite 1 which had a large double bed and 2 single beds. On the plus side, it overlooks the dining room and hence was extremely quiet. The room was very clean but there are issues with the water draining in the shower and sink and no toiletries were provided apart from hand soap. However as this is an authentic traditional riad, my parents and I did not complain about this as we felt this is the price you pay for experiencing real morocco!one thing i did not understand is why the staff did not allow us to use the lounge in the riad until after GPaolo returned even though they knew we had no lounge in our room and it was far too cold to have our tea on the terrace. on the whole I would recommend this riad as a warm and friendly place to stay although this is not the place for you if you're looking for luxury.

Room Tip: Room 1does not have any view but was very good if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Unfortunately another kind guest that do not take any information about a meaning of a Riad,they want a view in a traditional old Palais when everybody know that on the past was forbidden to look on the street almost for the women,also you can't have luxury if you spend less than a meal cost per night!!!!!!!
Thanks for the congratulations but for sure a suggest to get more informations when you select your place where to pass your vacations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I spent an amazing four nights at this Riad and I dont think my holiday would have been nearly as good without this Riad and the amazing service of Mohammed and his colleagues. I felt welcome there within minutes of arrival and just relaxing in the room was great.

The Riad is absolutley beautiful, clean and the breakfast is great.

A day trip to the mountains was arranged and we were given directions and advice on what to do during the day. Am planning a return trip passing through Marrakech next year so I will be back!

I would thoroughly recommend this Riad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I just meat this couple the day before they left the Riad,once again People who knos where they have to aspect for in a small Guest House where it's the warmer welcome of the staff and all the attentions paid to our guests make the difference:
Thanks next time I will share more time with you,enthusiastic persons make us the courage to preside
Shukran

Been to Maison Arabo Andalouse? Share your experiences!