We couldn't have asked for a better setting for our holiday with our children (aged 9 and 11). Having debated whether we should stay at a large hotel, we opted for the uniqueness and charm of a riad. Maison Arabo Andalouse is full of charm, beautifully restored to retain its original features (carved celings, painted doors, tiled floors) with a cool inner courtyard with a small swimming pool and a wonderful roof terrace. The riad is perfectly located for all the major sights of Marrakesh, including Djema el Fna square. The rooms are beautiful and spacious and all have air-conditioning. Some reviews focus on the dark rooms (ask for a room with windows overlooking the courtyard and some have their own terrace) but riads were built like that for a reason - they keep the inside cool and the noise outside. However, Maison Arabo Andalouse's best feature by far is how it treats each of its guests as family, providing a home away from home. GianPaolo and his staff provide a wonderful warm and friendly service and made every aspect of our stay so easy, from airport pick-up, to recommending local eateries, helping us organise a day-trip with the kids.(they recommended a couple of water parks but we never went - Marrakesh is far too much fun and the riad offered everything we needed after a day out) and the lovely mint tea and hot chocolate provided on the roof terrace every night. Breakfast is provided at your convenience, a variety of fresh breads, pancakes, different fruits every day and eggs on request (all the food is locally sourced). We opted for dinner at the riad on the last night and were treated to a wonderful feast in a magical, candle-lit setting (its pricier than many local restaurants but the food is fresh, its quality outstanding and the setting is unbeatable). We all left with heavy hearts but knowing we have found somewhere truly special to return to someday. Highly recommended and take the kids!
- Also Known As:
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Hotel
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Marrakech Kasbah, the only Riad, which have preserve its initial structure and its Arabo-Andalouse décoration of the end of XIXéme century,Proprety of a merchants family of the old Mellah district.Leaned with visible palace "El Baadi" of XVI century where its storks are the attraction of ours terraces.Located at 7 minutes with foot of the place "Jemaa El Fna" and of the "Koutoubia" (Minaret).2 paying carparks kept at 3 minutes with foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Maison Arabo Andalouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.