Lovely position in the old Medina, and staff could not have been more helpful. Met at the airport as arranged and given mint tea on our arrival. The rooms were a big disappointed because they were very dark and cold, although we did have heaters to warm the place up-it still felt damp. The room with the big terrace, which is lovely-is quite open-and not secure as it only has plastic sheeting round. So every time one went out-everything had to be put in the bedroom & that door locked. Also the bathroom was across the terrace-so a nightime visit was very cold! The pool, which we thought we may be able to sit round, even if it was too cold to use-was not possible as it is just an one tile wide walk round area, and completely dark as the coconut and palm trees, obliterate the sky. It looks lovely-but just not what one would expect. The roof terrace was excellent-and having breakfast there each morning was a delight. The storks are on the top of the old palace building next to us-and the sounds they make are interesting. The food supplied by Fatima and staff was always top quality and they really could not do enough to make the stay as pleasant as possible. Wifi/internet was advertised-but could only be accessed from inside Paolo's office, again cold and dark-but not up on the terrace in the sun. We loved the Souks, the people generally are friendly and helpful-and weather in the day was great. So I would like to return to Morocco-I loved it-but would not stay in this Riyad again. Staff exceptional and first class-but rooms to us were too dismal and dark. When you come from England-you hanker for the sunlight and unless you went up onto the communal terrace-you couldn't see it. So a nice experience and again-staff were wonderful.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Hotel
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Marrakech Kasbah, the only Riad, which have preserve its initial structure and its Arabo-Andalouse décoration of the end of XIXéme century,Proprety of a merchants family of the old Mellah district.Leaned with visible palace "El Baadi" of XVI century where its storks are the attraction of ours terraces.Located at 7 minutes with foot of the place "Jemaa El Fna" and of the "Koutoubia" (Minaret).2 paying carparks kept at 3 minutes with foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Budget Places, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Priceline and HotelsClick so you can book your Maison Arabo Andalouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.