The approach to the Riad is not the most inspiring but step through the impressive doorway and into the cool interior of the Maison's courtyard and you enter an oasis of peace and calm. Mohammed, Fatima and Zara welcome you with tea and pastries beside the courtyard pool before you are shown to your rooms to relax and refresh from the heat of the journey.
We were two couples and stayed in the palatial Suite (#1) and the Terrace room (#8). Neither disappoints. Mohammad's attentiveness to his guests is immaculate. Nothing is too much trouble and everything can be arranged. Advice on how to bargain in the Souks, where to eat and have a glass of wine in the Medina area of the city, a warning not to accompany kindly strangers to the Tanneries or the Berber market (both located in unsavoury districts and not for the unwary visitor)....
For our 4 day stay Mohammad arranged for chilled wine and beer to be available on our return from a hard day's haggling. A day trip to Essaouira with an English speaking driver and finally - to cap it all - Zara's unbelievably delicious lemon chicken tagine served on the Riad's roof terrace under a starlit Moroccan sky - definitely the culinary highlight of the stay.
It's fair to say that without the help and courtesy of the Maison Arabo-Andalouse, this would not have been the delightful stay that it was. Highly recommended for couples.
Dining close by ? Kozy Bar in Place Ferblantiers - get there in time for a sundowner !
- Also Known As:
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Hotel
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Marrakech Kasbah, the only Riad, which have preserve its initial structure and its Arabo-Andalouse décoration of the end of XIXéme century,Proprety of a merchants family of the old Mellah district.Leaned with visible palace "El Baadi" of XVI century where its storks are the attraction of ours terraces.Located at 7 minutes with foot of the place "Jemaa El Fna" and of the "Koutoubia" (Minaret).2 paying carparks kept at 3 minutes with foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Maison Arabo Andalouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.