“Home far away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Maison Arabo Andalouse to your Saves list
Booking.com Expedia.com
Maison Arabo Andalouse
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Touareg No 67 | K'Sibt N'Hass Kasbah, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Offers & Announcements
30% off room rate
Ranked #32 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London
“Home far away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

We can I start?? I had a lovely stay in this riad I felt so at home. The owner Pablo was away but we had a lovely welcoming by Mohamed, Zara and Fatima. When we first arrived we were greet with a lovely morrocan tea and cookies and then Mohamed show us a lovely clean room. Breakfast was lovely they have fresh breads fruit, orange juice and Moroccan tea. I can not thank mohamed enough for what he done for us, he showed us the way to souk, hammam bath and a lovely resturant called arthur. He really went out to give the best service and I will never forget that. I have stayed in big hotel like tichka hotel in gueliz and riad mogador in agadir but they don't come close to the homely feeling this riad has it is really home far away from home. Fosia

• Stayed September 2012
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I 'm very happy when the guests are satisfies of our staff home made treatment.In Marrakesh now there is a big competition and it's only the human relations make the difference. I'm always present,even not personally that it's very important for the guests and also for the staff. From my side I will do my best to increase the specials relations with guests and staff.

287 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just want to echo all the positive comments. My family and I had a wonderful time visiting Marrakech and staying at this riad-we were made to feel very welcome. Paulo and his team were very helpful and as first time visitors to Morocco made sure we had an enjoyable time.

As my two daughters say "Every hotel should have a Paulo". Many thanks once again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I've just offered at the two sisters the possibility for a clean and running water on our plunge-pool and also i tried to be every day renovator on the foods.
Of course i like when,also, young people feel home i think it's the way to get more success
Thanks at this beautifully family..
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

if you wanna feel at home in the heart of marrakech, this is the place to be!
Paolo and Kader are just like older brothers giving you all the advice and warmth you need!
the riad is gorgeous and magic, rooms are cosy and super clean, the terrace is the best spot to look at the moon and the stars, and the courtyard the best place where to rest and relax in total silence and warm atmosphere.
can't wait to go back!
david (from Milan)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
This kind guest want to embarrass me first for the precious and enthusiastic review,it's pity i couldn't stay long time, when he come back was welcome by our staff,it seams,he had no problems,with them to..
My friend thanks for the appreciate consideration but my duty it's to do more and more better to feel everybody more than home.
Ciao,Grazie
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was my first trip to Africa When I first arrived to this creepy ally I couldn´t believe I was going to stay at a place like that, MAA (Maison-Arabo-Andalouse) is located at the very neuralgic center of real Marrakesh, it´s surrounding are full of people, donkeys, donkey´s stool, spice´s smell, and hundred of motorcycles (that mught bo stressfull). Once you cross the MAA threshold you enter to a beautiful place that takes you back to times of Marrakesh splendor. Something you should know is that a Riad is a specific typical structure previously owned by wealthy people that are nowadays used as small hotels. It is different from modern hotels. So if you are looking for a modern hotels with gyms, spas, tennis courses, this is not the place for you. My room was comfy, clean, and the air condditioning was perfectly working (which is important in Marrakesh). The place is nothing special without Gianpaolo (The Owner) a nice italian guy who really cares about people steaying at his Riad, he treats guest like family, he works hard to make your time there enjoyable. Gianpaolo was very diligent, helpful and caring, he gave me tips about the city, safety and tours. The staff, even though I don´t speak arab or french, they where very very nice to me, always smiling, thank you Mohammedand the rest of the staff. The place is not really fancy - luxourious kinda of place it´s just a perfect place to stay in the Medina, the walled city of Marrakesh. It is at a walk distance from Djemaa-EL-Fna; the main sqare where everything happens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
GPaolo B, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
How can I say? I simply did what I do for my family with more accent if the guests are interested of all new experiences on tasting different experimental and traditional dishes on our restaurant, or more fantastic when I propose poor local fruits or vegetable and they like. You come from far away country, your open mind let you appreciate a new world,we are there to help ours FRIENDS,to appreciate.
Thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 4 nights during easter and it was nothing but fantastic. The rooms were big, clean and beautifully decorated. The staff were friendly and super helpful also the owner was so eager to help with booking trips and excursions. Its located in a small alley about 5-10 min walk away from the big souk and all the good cafes and restaurants. To keep it short and honest: go here if you want a calm and romantic weekend in one of the most amazing cities in the world!

• Stayed April 2012
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
I would like to do more for those romantic couples,for example create on our big terrace special coins for them, where they can see the stars and listening the song of the nature.
The time spender with us must be pure relax,the routine engagement of current live must be at our charge, that it's the escape in Marrakesh on our Riad.
Thanks for recognize ours efforts.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

What a beautiful place to stay!! Paulo and the staff at the riad are second to none. I came as a single female traveler and was warned about traveling to Marrakech alone. Not only did I feel safe at the Riad but Paulo and his team made sure of my safety. Him and his staff would walk me to the ATM, walk me to catch a cab, and even walked me to the famous spas of Marrakech to get Hammam. The most unbelievable thing was I went out on a Saturday night late and Paulo was sitting up waiting for me making sure I returned safely to the riad. I dont know many people that would do that besides my parents and my sister. They really care about every detail and ensure you are happy, nothing is too difficult and they always go the extra mile. They would make sure my breakfast was exactly how I liked it every morning and the first question they would ask every morning is if I would prefer to sit in the courtyard or the rooftop. I would always pick the rooftop to overlook the ruins and the storcks nest that just had babies (really something to see). The riad itself is very historic and stunning. Paulo who has a keen eye for detail, made sure it was restored to its brilliance - not a building they built to look like a historic riad but the real thing - trust me there is a difference.
Last I have to talk about the price, this place is so underpriced for the service and type of place you stay it's crazy. If you are over staying in a large cold hotel and want something authentic with heart definitely stay at the Maison Arabo Andalouse.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
ba9chlem, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
This review and others previous 35,are the answer to the kind person who wrote to us <<<<Trés commerciale avant tout>>>>
A little concern about a pretty young lady alone at Marrakesh.
With great discretion we advised and supervised as we usually do,trying to get ours guests a home feeling with less duty possible.
On behalf of all the staff, Thank you
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

When I decided to go to Marrakesh I knew I wanted to stay in the medina, but not in the more manic areas around the Square. I wanted to stay where I would get to meet people where they lived and worked, and get a feel for the real Marrakesh. The area this riad is in is perfect for that, with its spice shops (the whole area smells beautiful), bakeries, shops and stalls. Situated down a few long narrow alleys (though I never felt unsafe), right next to the Palais El Badi with its nesting storks (which, by the way, sound just like Triffids!), this riad is just perfect! It's an old merchant's house, with a beautiful central courtyard with a palm tree rustling in the breeze, a roof terrace with a view of the city, amazing bedrooms and bathrooms, it's a joy to be in. But what makes this riad so special is the people who run it. Mohamed is an absolute gentleman, nothing was too much trouble for him, he showed me around the neighbourhood and took me to the best shops in the area for buying spices and argon oil (essential purchases) at local prices, full of information, and always waiting with a smile when I got back at night, which is nice in itself, but especially nice to know, as a single female traveller, that someone is looking out for you! Zahra does the cooking, which is gorgeous, and Fatima also looks after you. A nicer, friendlier group of people you couldn't meet! I cannot recommend this riad highly enough, and hope to go back there soon myself!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Maison Arabo Andalouse, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
The staff was so enthusiastic about this charms lady,when ,at usually i contact them.
Now after the sincere review,I understand better,nothing new for me because I've educate everybody to feel like at home and to give this sensation at all ours guests.
I am double happy because will happen even I am not at the Riad.
Thanks to all of you.

Been to Maison Arabo Andalouse? Share your experiences!