This was my first trip to Africa When I first arrived to this creepy ally I couldn´t believe I was going to stay at a place like that, MAA (Maison-Arabo-Andalouse) is located at the very neuralgic center of real Marrakesh, it´s surrounding are full of people, donkeys, donkey´s stool, spice´s smell, and hundred of motorcycles (that mught bo stressfull). Once you cross the MAA threshold you enter to a beautiful place that takes you back to times of Marrakesh splendor. Something you should know is that a Riad is a specific typical structure previously owned by wealthy people that are nowadays used as small hotels. It is different from modern hotels. So if you are looking for a modern hotels with gyms, spas, tennis courses, this is not the place for you. My room was comfy, clean, and the air condditioning was perfectly working (which is important in Marrakesh). The place is nothing special without Gianpaolo (The Owner) a nice italian guy who really cares about people steaying at his Riad, he treats guest like family, he works hard to make your time there enjoyable. Gianpaolo was very diligent, helpful and caring, he gave me tips about the city, safety and tours. The staff, even though I don´t speak arab or french, they where very very nice to me, always smiling, thank you Mohammedand the rest of the staff. The place is not really fancy - luxourious kinda of place it´s just a perfect place to stay in the Medina, the walled city of Marrakesh. It is at a walk distance from Djemaa-EL-Fna; the main sqare where everything happens.
- Also Known As:
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Hotel
- Maison Arabo Andalouse Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Marrakech Kasbah, the only Riad, which have preserve its initial structure and its Arabo-Andalouse décoration of the end of XIXéme century,Proprety of a merchants family of the old Mellah district.Leaned with visible palace "El Baadi" of XVI century where its storks are the attraction of ours terraces.Located at 7 minutes with foot of the place "Jemaa El Fna" and of the "Koutoubia" (Minaret).2 paying carparks kept at 3 minutes with foot. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Maison Arabo Andalouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.