“One Thousand and one Nights” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel & Spa Riad Edward
10, Zaouia Sidi Bel Abbes, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #78 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Düsseldorf
“One Thousand and one Nights”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I had the privilege to stay one week in Riad Edward. Since the first time I entered in this magic place I felt like in a Oasis in the middle of the crowd and hectic of Medina in Marrakesh. First the warm Welcome of Momen, one of the Staff working on the reception, then my first impression with the Patio and the pool area, really beatiful and took my breath away!! then the rooms, all of them decorated with this typical and traditional Arabic touch that you can realize that they inspired in every room with love as well because any detail has not been missed. The public areas are so beautiful and cozy that once you are relaxing, drinking or eating something, you don't want to leave the place anymore. You find a lot of corners to isolate and relax. All of them decorated with this magical arabic touch.The cleanness of every place and rooms is also very appreciated. All the staff was more than helpful and friendly, they really give all of their best to feel you like home and you feel like you a visiting a family member, you never think that you are staying in a hotel. Said, one of the guys of the staf was specially friendly and helpful every time, for example, we were not happy with the size of the bed and he made an upgrade for me to a higher category room and we got a Junior Suite. He was always taking care of every detail and making a big effort so that we feel excellent.
Something that i really loved from this place is that they are also very flexible; you can even have the chance to bring your own drinks and they can keep it cold from you and even serve you whenever you want.
We ate one time in the Riad and the food they offer, traditional moroccan food was delicious as the breakfast too.
This place is really magical and I felt like I was between family and very good friends. All of the staff: Said, Momen, Amine, Hamza (who was every time so friendly, serving breakfast with his warm smile), Simo and Jaber, all of them make your stay like One Thousand and one Nights Time.
I will come definitely again to this Oasis.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are nice and cozy but double beds are quite small. Specially to recommend are the jun...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A rustic hotel with lots of character. The hotel staff were very attentive and went over and above their duties to assist with our queries. Situated in the Medina it was a little overwhelming to figure out walking routes but the hotel staff were reassuring and guided us even to the point to walking us to the nearest landmark to enable us to return to the hotel. The breakfast was varied and plentiful. The hotel has excellent spa treatments which leave you feeling clean and relaxed and is also value for money. If you want to experience the true culture of Morocco then this hotel is a must.

• Stayed February 2015
Keswick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was our first trip to Marrakech. Our family of 4 including 15 & 12 year old youngsters spent five days at Riad Edward last week. It could not have been a better base for us. The whole atmosphere is calm and relaxed, everyone working there is so helpful and nothing seems too much trouble. The Riad occupies a fantastic position - within the medina and only 5 minutes' walk from the souks. The whole layout is great as even when it is full, there are lots of separate spaces, including the wonderful roof terraces so it never felt crowded - a welcome contrast to the nearby souks ! Delicious breakfasts were served in front of the cosy fire. Our rooms were really comfortable with a well stocked bathroom. Highly recommended in every way.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Bocas Del Toro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This review is long overdue as I stayed here in November of 2013. My best friend and I couldn't get over the magic of this place. The staff was amazing, the owner Beatriz was so kind and went out of her way to help us with anything we might need. And the suite....my god, bigger than my apartment in Los angeles and the decor was a designer's dream. I want to model my place after the design of this Riyad. I own a small b&b so my expectations are always high when I travel. Indeed, they were met and exceeded. From the mint tea at check in to the breakfast, everything was perfect. Loved the location as well a short walk to the bustling medina. Thanks so much to everyone for making our stay amazing. I'm coming back later this year with my boyfriend!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We originally was meant to stay at the sister Riad El Jadide ( 5mins) away but because of piping work we had the luxury of having a short stay at Riad Edward in the suite. I absolutely fell in love with the place, the décor was beautiful and was a great place to escape the craziness of the medina/souks. The service by those working at the riad was superb, they really went the extra mile to make us feel at home - especially as we had a few awkward requests. The only thing we had an issue was our booked taxi which didn't turn up, however they sincerely apologised and could not fault anything else. I highly recommend the salad lunch on the rooftop (one of our favourite meals in Marrakech!), as the rooftop was also tastefully designed and so peaceful. We also spent most of our evenings in the Riad Edward drinking wine by the fireplace/pool - which says a lot about the atmosphere of the riad!!
The riad organised an excellent excursion trip to the Atlas Mountains with a fabulous taxi driver and very friendly guide at a very reasonable price! Very much enjoyed myself and no doubt will be recommending this place to all my friends!

Room Tip: - Hotel Suite can be quite noisy but a delight to stay in - Make sure you give plenty of time if yo...
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Riad is fantastic. From the minute we crossed the door we were treated like visiting friends.
The staff are friendly, helpful and nothing is too much to ask. The food is also first class, the homemade authentic breakfasts and evening meals were served in an area of your choice around the hotel, the roof, a dining area, around the pool or in your room - which you don't really want to do as there are so many private nooks and crannies in this space that you can get a quiet area in many parts of this hotel.
It also has the most incredible views of the city, from the roof terrace which has comfortable moroccan furnishings everywhere.
I will be going back, i really enjoyed it. if you want the authentic experience in a friendly caring environment, in the old town - this will be for you.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a great stay at Riad Edward and can highly recommend it, especially if it's a first visit to the Medina. Beautiful and tastefully decorated plus excellent service. Food good beds very comfy. A perfect place to chill and get away from the hustle and bustle of the Souks. We are wanting to return ASAP.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Hotel & Spa Riad Edward? Share your experiences!