“THE place in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“THE place in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The best of Marrakech was to stay in the Riad Edward, and by the way we love this city. The experience of drinking something with my husband at the pool with all the quietness in that spectacular Riad in the centre of the Medina was something we will never forget. The staff was excellent: helpfull, pleasent and nice. It was our anniversary and they gave us a wonderful room full of roses just infront of the pool. We just have to congratulate Simo and all the staff and say that we will repeat our visit soon.

Room Tip: The room infront of the pool is a dream come true, full of details, with a big bed and bathroom with...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a true oasis, quiet and calm in the midst of the surrounding hectic and dynamic medina.
To stay in a riad is a perfect way to enjoy The genuine Marrakech and avoid big hotel complexes built for tourists outside the real city life.
It's not easy to find the riad in the dark little alley where it's hidden, and that absolutley brings the charm to the whole experience. The staff is very helpful, flexible and kind.
We had a small leakage in the bathroom one morning but it was fixed before we came back from breakfast, common sense will tell you that you can't expect top modern watersystem from an authentic old house in a country that's constantly struggles with it's water reserves.
Our room was spacious with a tastefully simple and beautiful interior. The stonewalls helped keeping the place nice and cool even in july with some help from the modern aircondition. The pool area, the garden and several rooftops made it easy for you to find your own quiet space. The outside area is beautifully lit in the evening creating a magical atmosphere. We loved our stay here, and almost wanted to keep it our hidden treasure but to be fair to everyone including the staff we truly recommend this one!!

• Stayed July 2014
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We are a group of three friends and we recently stayed here and had an amazing time. The Riyad was lovely, really surprising and better than we had imagined it would be. The staff are helpful and give you some good advice when you arrive. They also offered to walk us places so we wouldn't get lost which was helpful as it's a bit of a maze once you step out onto the streets. Would highly recommend this Riyad to anyone visiting Marrakech.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We have recently come back from staying at the Riyad Edward and had an amazing time, Staff were really helpful and kind! We were not sure initially as we couldn't find many reviews, however I can assure you it is a lovely place to stay and made our trip to Marrakech that much better! It's only about a 10-15 minute walk to Jemaa El Fna, you could get a taxi for a couple of pounds but much nicer to walk! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I'm not sure how we came across this hotel but I'm so glad that we did! We arrived in Marrakech and had no trouble finding our arranged transport to the hotel - the taxi driver was friendly and welcoming and even helped us find a place at the airport to get a sim card (highly recommended). Getting out of the taxi, you're immediately hit by the intoxicating sights and sounds of life in the old town, but just as you're getting used to the craziness, you walk down an unassuming alley, through a wooden door and you're in heaven. The hospitality is second to none, whatever your budget (and ours wan't large), the guys at the hotel are more than happy to help - even going so far as guiding you to the taxi rank and negotiating the best price. On your first day they will help you find your way to the edge of the souks and from then on you can embrace the fast paced, hot and exhilarating environment, knowing that within 15 minutes you can be back at the cool, peacefulness of the hotel by the pool.

I can't thank our host Simone enough for his company, knowledge and patience (in helping us with our French!). We really felt well looked after from the moment we arrived to the moment we turned back up at the hotel having been in the mountains and needing somewhere to leave our bags before the flight! I highly recommend the food - and eating at your choice of the roof terrace or by the pool is an experience not to be missed. Having said that the street food in the local area is also a must - especially for those on a tight budget.

Room Tip: I can't imagine there being a bad room to choose in the hotel but we stayed in one of the suites...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Outer Hebrides
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

From the madness of the streets of Marrakesh to the peacefulness and comfort of this gem of a Ryad was something to truly experience. The welcome and hospitality was second to none. Nothing was too much trouble. A total pleasure to stay here.

Room Tip: If you can get the room that opens out onto the roof top terrace then you have arrived in heaven.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

What a beautiful place. On my 3rd visit to Marrakech I have now found my home.

As soon as I stepped into Riad Edward from the mayhem of the Medina a wave of calm went over me. I was tired from my journey and having arrived early was offered breakfast and the staff worked quickly to make my room available so I could rest.

And rest is what I did the whole time I was there. Abdul, Yasin and Simon and all the other staff were friendly and attentive whilst giving you your space, the perfect balance. Unfortunately I became sick and everyone made sure I was ok, escorting me to the pharmacy in the medina to buy medicine and provide hot water and lemon. There was concern and care that made me feel very well looked after.

The room I had and the Riad overall made me feel like I was in Elle Decoration. Stylish and understated luxury.

The food was delicious and you could taste the love and care as the added ingredient. The female chef had such pride and interest in her work that I was excited to try more dishes.

Finally, I had a 1 and 1/2 hour massage on site. I have massages regularly and this was very good. Worked out my aches and pains and I slept deeply that night. The strong hands of a Moroccan women will sort anyone out!

I am already planning when I will next be visiting my home in Marrakech.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Riyad Edward? Share your experiences!