“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Riad Ariha

Save Saved
You added Riad Ariha to your Saves list
Riad Ariha
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   90, Derb Ahmed Elborj - Sidi Ben | Slimane, Kaa Sour - Médina, Marrakech 40008, Morocco   |
Ranked #90 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A safe haven in the heart of the marrakech alleys.. my husband and i visited this riad in october last year, transport pick up from el jadida was well organised.. our hostess amina was very helpful with directions and arranged a perfect welcome meal.. room was spacious and always cleaned perfectly.. would recommend this riad to travellers

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write a review. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Barbara, Bader and all the team at Ariha.

280 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The place was perfect! The owner picked me up from the airport, helped with my young child, and all the staff gave me a warm welcome. They served me the best fresh-squeezed orange juice I've had in my life, and cooked extraordinary meals (herb stuffed chicken, tajin, couscous, and a delicious array of salads). The room was lovely, very clean, with a view over the courtyard and a fresh breeze through the large windows. Everything in the Riad is harmonious -- all the interior decorating and the design of the structures themselves (check out the shower!) blends and gives a sense of calm. My two-year-old daughter thoroughly loved the place, and that's the best test for me! If you're looking for a place where you never need to worry and can simply relax, then this is it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
We are so glad you found your stay peaceful, this is what we strive for. Barbara, Bader and all the team at Ariha.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

An amazing riad, ideally situated for exploring the city. The staff were friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. I would certainly revisit this hotel again and highly recommend it to anyone visiting this wonderful city.

• Stayed April 2013
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. We so appreciate it. Barbara, Bader and all the team at Ariha.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Seamless booking, seamless transfers, relaxing friendly environment, beautiful surroundings and rooms run by friendly accommodating staff who could not do more for us. We felt at home the minute we walked in and our 48 hours here has been perfect. Perfect is a word we rarely use about the service industry (six, professional, very demanding females) but it is the only word that can truly do our time here justice. We will be back next time with the husbands. I hope you can appreciate how how wonderful we found it. Many thanks.

• Stayed April 2013
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
What a lovely review. Thank you so much

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have recently returned from a stay at the Riad Ariha. My overall experience was very pleasant, the thing that makes this place special is the staff and the homely feel. However, I was slightly disappointed with my room after seeing the beautiful pictures (the largest room in the riad, the Jasmine room). I also feel that at the price paid it could have had a few nice (and relatively cheap) touches added, e.g. fresh flowers, which would have made all the difference. As a light sleeper I also had a fair amount of difficulty getting a decent night's sleep because of the proximity of all the rooms to the kitchen, but this is a traditional riad and if you want an authentic experience then that is the price you pay!

It is a 15 minute walk to the main square, which means that you get to see something of the medina, however it is very easy to get lost and I appreciated being given a mobile phone, because I did get completely and utterly lost on my first night!

However my niggles should not take away from this riad's main selling point which is its service and staff who were all very lovely.

Room Tip: The Jasmine room is the largest and has access to the loggia where you can sit and use wifi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. We are truly appreciative .
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My mother and I stayed at the riad during April and were able to experience the real Moroccan charm. Since our arrival we felt very welcome and at peace, everyone at the riad made sure we were always happy and comfortable. Being inside the medina was a one of a kind experience we were able to see how the community works and had a wonderful experience. I was surprised at the riad since a few days before my arrival my birthday had passed and I was greeted with a bouquet of fresh roses in my room with a beautiful handmade birthday card. If you are looking for a real one of a kind experience stay at riad ariha you'll have memories to treasure for a lifetime.

Room Tip: Every room is unique and with a lot of character they are all clean and neat.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
ArihaMarrakech, Owner at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Stockholm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed for three nights in the first floor in the room Jacanda. The room was neat, very clean with a typical bathroom that a a dome of about 7m. The bed mattress was hard (as it was the case in all Riads we stayed in). The room does not contain a desk. The stuff is very friendly especially if you speak Arabic. Yvonne the manager keeps her distance but she is polite. That is an appreciable behavior knowing in many other Riads, they manges to intimidate you to sign up for their expensive services (lunch/dinner, taxi, etc..). The is a dry cleaner (on the way to Ben Nasser mosque), the cost is around 10DH the piece. The Riad is about 100 meter from the Sidi Ben Slimane Zawiya, set inside in case you are Muslim, you feel Zen. In case you are staying for few days give small tip to the stuff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ArihaMarrakech, Manager at Riad Ariha, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we very much appreciate it. I must point out that Yvonne is not the manager of Ariha, The manager is Amina and as you pointed out, she and the other Staff, look after our guests wonderfully . Yvonne is the reservations manager and may have been staying in Ariha for a few days. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay . Barbara, Bader and all the team at Riad Ariha.

Been to Riad Ariha? Share your experiences!