“Like a mini palace” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Like a mini palace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff who couldn't have done more for us during our stay. The delicious breakfast was served at a time of our choosing by the gorgeous court yard pool. The rooms were exquisite. We never had to worry about getting a cab as the staff always ensured transport was organised. The staff even organised to look after our luggage for a few days when we went to the coast. Really, nothing was too much. Was simply amazing. My only regret was not eating in the restaurant ...perhaps an excuse to make a return visit.

Room Tip: We had the a room on the Ground Floor by the pool which was really lovely. We also treated ourselves...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
norfolk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were here from 28 December leaving on 1 January

Pick up from airport efficient with a lovely welcome on our arrival at Anika, which is very much hidden from the street, the large wooden doors being set in a little alley off the beginning of the Medina.

Our deluxe room was on the ground floor directly opposite the courtyard/public area (think room10). Lovely room with four poster, vanity unit and spacey showerroom. Only window was a pretty stained glass one overlooking the public area. We were shown a window cushion, to lessen any noise from outside. This did work but there was a feeling of lack of privacy with this room and more than once, other guests congregated outside the door, not helped by seating!

After 2 nights we enquired whether another room was available and were delighted to be shown upstairs to room 3 which was an upgrade.

All was well until we discovered the air conditioning was not working just as we were going out. They attended to it immediately and we were told it was fixed . However on our return much later in the evening we discovered it was only blowing hot air. I should point out I am of a certain age and get very hot so need a really cool room. By 11.30pm it had not been resolved so they had to put us in another room, so after moving all our belongings, we did not get a good nights sleep.

The following day, the owner took up the issue and kindly bought me a fan so we could return to room 3 for our final night. I think everybody looked at the a/c unit but finally concluded it was broken!

Now you might think this is a complaint about Anika! but far from it. We asked to be moved from an acceptable room and things break down but the owner and staff at Anika bent over backwards to help us in addition to their genuine care about their guests stay and enjoyment of Marrakech.

They also made our last night (NYE) very special by Laying a table on the roof terrace under the Bedouin tent for our dinner, which was probably an inconvenience as they had a special night for hotel guests with entertainment which was on the ground floor!

Would be go back to Anika? If we return to Marrakech, yes most certainly, but upstairs!

Room Tip: For privacy might prefer to be up stairs
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on 5th of January for three nights. The hotel it self is absolutely stunning, clean and the best setting for those who want exceptional service in a boutique hotel. We were overwhelmed by the hospitality as the staff were very friendly, helpful and responded very well to whatever we requested. As a couple we are well travelled and regularly stay in. 5 star properties over the world. But this hotel was exceptional on terms of service! On our last evening we dined at the hotel and food was the best meal of our entire stay! Would love to come back soon !

• Stayed January 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel. My experience was amazing. The hotel staff couldn't do enough better then some of 5 star hotels I've stayed in.
My husband & I had dinner in the hotel on our last evening and it was the best meal of our trip.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a lovely Riad and the rooms are very nice. The sitting room downstairs with the sofas and fire is great. Service was very good, the staff friendly and food is nice. The terrace upstairs is lovely and we enjoyed sitting out there in January in the sun (28 degrees at one time). My only critique was the level of noise at times from other guests who would sit outside my room (once at 4.30am in the morning) talking - this woke me up a few times and I had to mention it to them. The Riad is very central - a 5 minute walk to the main square. It is easy to find and the taxi takes you almost to the front door. So a lovely Riad overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room away from the seating areas if possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I wanted to say amassive thank you to Samir and the team at the Riad Dar Anika. We've just returned from a 3 night stay and I can say I we were sad to leave. Samir organised:

- Local guide for shopping in the Souks and Medina
- Restuarant with Belly dancing
- Private car hire
- Golf at the Royal course in Marrakech
- Hammam and Massage

The service was attentive but respectful. If you want a real Marrakech experience stay here. It really gets no better for small and personalised hotels

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in many 5* accommodations around the world but the staff at Dar Anika are like no other we have ever experienced. from the moment you arrive you are made to feel part of the family.

The Riad itself is in an amazing location, as you are right in the heart of the action, not to mention the beautiful traditional Moroccan décor which is complimented by the staff's attention to detail and cleanliness.

Now for the exceptional part..

My wife is 20 weeks pregnant and at 23.30 on new years eve, she began to lose amniotic fluid and had asked me to get her to the hospital. Within 10 minutes we was on our way to the hospital where the languages spoken are French and Arabic, however, the taxi driver (Mohammed) was asked by the Samir (manager at Dar Anika) to stay with us and to make sure we was ok, this is exactly what he did. He translated and made sure that we was getting the care we needed, staying with us until 1.30 in the morning, when I finally managed to get him to go home. This was not before he had gone back to the riad to get us both clothes from our room, along with drink and snacks.

The next day I called the riad to organise a taxi for me to come back to get some more clothes etc of which, within 10 minutes, we had a visit from Abu, the owner of Dar Anika, who had come on his bike to visit us to see how my wife was. He asked if we needed anything, that we had just to ask. On my return to the hospital, the staff at Dar Anika had prepared some food to take back along with more drink and fruit.

Thankfully that evening, my wife was discharged and we was greeted by Mohammed who again translated the results and scans and then helped to get the medicines from the pharmacy and then taking us back to the riad. upon our arrival, the staff where all present to see how my wife was. We was asked if we would like dinner in our room, due to my wife being told strict bed rest, from which we just assumed we would be eating on a tray etc, but we was greeted by two waiters who bought in a table and dressed it like the restaurant, even going as far as to bring the wine glasses and stabilizing the leg to stop the table wobbling!!!

This continued to the next day, where we was still on strict bed rest but was put up in the guest lounge and served breakfast, then lunch. We was then greeted with a basket of flowers from Abu who again had come in to see how my wife was, again saying, anything that we need, please just ask. again, that night we had dinner served in our room.

The final day, we had to go and collect our notes from the hospital from which, Abu himself, took me in a taxi to the hospital, where they had unfortunately misplaced the notes, but after an hour of Abu speaking to several nurses and doctors, they located them and prepared our copy along with the certificate to fly home. upon leaving the riad we was greeted by staff wishing us all the best and was yet again given more food for the journey home.

Words cannot describe the emotions we went through, but the staff as Dar Anika where simply second to none. Without them, we would have endured a nightmare trip to Marrakech.

Thank you Abu, Samir and team, we shall return with the baby.

Simply amazing.....................

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Riad Dar Anika? Share your experiences!