“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel. My experience was amazing. The hotel staff couldn't do enough better then some of 5 star hotels I've stayed in.
My husband & I had dinner in the hotel on our last evening and it was the best meal of our trip.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is a lovely Riad and the rooms are very nice. The sitting room downstairs with the sofas and fire is great. Service was very good, the staff friendly and food is nice. The terrace upstairs is lovely and we enjoyed sitting out there in January in the sun (28 degrees at one time). My only critique was the level of noise at times from other guests who would sit outside my room (once at 4.30am in the morning) talking - this woke me up a few times and I had to mention it to them. The Riad is very central - a 5 minute walk to the main square. It is easy to find and the taxi takes you almost to the front door. So a lovely Riad overall.

Room Tip: Ask for a quieter room away from the seating areas if possible
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I wanted to say amassive thank you to Samir and the team at the Riad Dar Anika. We've just returned from a 3 night stay and I can say I we were sad to leave. Samir organised:

- Local guide for shopping in the Souks and Medina
- Restuarant with Belly dancing
- Private car hire
- Golf at the Royal course in Marrakech
- Hammam and Massage

The service was attentive but respectful. If you want a real Marrakech experience stay here. It really gets no better for small and personalised hotels

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

My wife and I have stayed in many 5* accommodations around the world but the staff at Dar Anika are like no other we have ever experienced. from the moment you arrive you are made to feel part of the family.

The Riad itself is in an amazing location, as you are right in the heart of the action, not to mention the beautiful traditional Moroccan décor which is complimented by the staff's attention to detail and cleanliness.

Now for the exceptional part..

My wife is 20 weeks pregnant and at 23.30 on new years eve, she began to lose amniotic fluid and had asked me to get her to the hospital. Within 10 minutes we was on our way to the hospital where the languages spoken are French and Arabic, however, the taxi driver (Mohammed) was asked by the Samir (manager at Dar Anika) to stay with us and to make sure we was ok, this is exactly what he did. He translated and made sure that we was getting the care we needed, staying with us until 1.30 in the morning, when I finally managed to get him to go home. This was not before he had gone back to the riad to get us both clothes from our room, along with drink and snacks.

The next day I called the riad to organise a taxi for me to come back to get some more clothes etc of which, within 10 minutes, we had a visit from Abu, the owner of Dar Anika, who had come on his bike to visit us to see how my wife was. He asked if we needed anything, that we had just to ask. On my return to the hospital, the staff at Dar Anika had prepared some food to take back along with more drink and fruit.

Thankfully that evening, my wife was discharged and we was greeted by Mohammed who again translated the results and scans and then helped to get the medicines from the pharmacy and then taking us back to the riad. upon our arrival, the staff where all present to see how my wife was. We was asked if we would like dinner in our room, due to my wife being told strict bed rest, from which we just assumed we would be eating on a tray etc, but we was greeted by two waiters who bought in a table and dressed it like the restaurant, even going as far as to bring the wine glasses and stabilizing the leg to stop the table wobbling!!!

This continued to the next day, where we was still on strict bed rest but was put up in the guest lounge and served breakfast, then lunch. We was then greeted with a basket of flowers from Abu who again had come in to see how my wife was, again saying, anything that we need, please just ask. again, that night we had dinner served in our room.

The final day, we had to go and collect our notes from the hospital from which, Abu himself, took me in a taxi to the hospital, where they had unfortunately misplaced the notes, but after an hour of Abu speaking to several nurses and doctors, they located them and prepared our copy along with the certificate to fly home. upon leaving the riad we was greeted by staff wishing us all the best and was yet again given more food for the journey home.

Words cannot describe the emotions we went through, but the staff as Dar Anika where simply second to none. Without them, we would have endured a nightmare trip to Marrakech.

Thank you Abu, Samir and team, we shall return with the baby.

Simply amazing.....................

Venice, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

WE are so glad that we choose Dar Anika for our stay in Marrakech. We were treated like royalty at Dar Anika from the moment we walked in the door. We had told them that we were visiting for our honeymoon and our suite was covered in rose petals. The entire staff was committed to making sure that our experience was nothing short of FANTASTIC. The highlight of our trip was the New Years Eve celebration at the riad. Not only had the staff lined up an array of great bands, belly dancers, and singers but the entire staff seemed to genuinely enjoy celebrating and dancing the night away with us. Aside from being a great host, and helping us plan out our days with attention to all the details, Abu was an awesome Dj, and Samir, not only made sure we were taken care of during the stay and provided five star service, but he also made sure the dance party kept going. :) We had such a fantastic time and really appreciated how the staff all went above and beyond.

Room Tip: WE loved room number 2. The dome above the bed made the whole room.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Excellent riad and very helpful staff. The location is excellent and very close to the famous square. The riad is a nice refuge in the middle of the busy medina.
Loved the breakfast on the rooftop and the afternoon tea. We have experienced real Moroccan hospitality that has been among the highlights of our trip.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I cannot possibly say enough great things about this place. It is absolutely gorgeous and situated in a fantastic location. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are lovely and well appointed. The view from the rooftop terrace allows you to take in the sights of the Medina, as you are only minutes away from the main square. Abu, the owner, is an absolute gentleman who treated 3 girls from the UK that had a rather difficult first day in Marrekech to a sumptuous afternoon tea in sitting area by the fireplace. If you are looking for paradise in Marrakech - look no further. This is the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013

Been to Riad Dar Anika? Share your experiences!