This is a very ornate hotel, I say hotel as I would not describe this as a Riad, it feels very much like a business rather than a family run place. However, the staff are very friendly and the position of the hotel is very quiet. We had the Konoutobia Suite which was aesthetically very beautiful although it had a very strong smell of mothballs which wasn't very pleasant. The pool is amazing and much needed in the August heat. I was unsure at first if it was okay to lie by it in a bikini as when we stayed the hotel was very quiet with very few guests, but I did and it was all fine. The food was fine but nothing spectacular. We were a little disappointed when we were being served instant coffee which she said shen ew asked that it was from 'Asda' however, she did make some fresh coffee for us in the end. I would certainly recommend Donab to stay in Marrakech although I would suggest using it as a base and eating out which is what we did, but this is such a romantic stunning place to stay you would be mad not to treat yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The art of Moroccan-style living in a beautiful and majestic residence. Cut off from the bustle of the Medina, Dar Donab opens its doors on a haven of peace and cool. The sophisticated decor of lounges, guest-rooms and suites reflects the luxury an comfort of Moroccan stately homes... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotel.de and Odigeo so you can book your Palais Donab reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palais Donab Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Donab Marrakech
- Dar Donab Hotel Marrakech