“Beautiful and Comfortable Riad with a service better than in a 5* hotel - A magic location”
Riad Mabrouka offered us a great experience in Marrakech and made our stay ideal and very enjoyable.
We're very picky travelers with a strong attention to details (especially in terms of service) and have literally been delighted by the Riad Mabrouka, from the booking till we were back to the airport (and I can tell you this is very exceptional).
Let me tell you why.
1/ INCREDIBLE SERVICE
I could talk hours and hours about the great service from the Riad Mabrouka staff.
-> By email: Laurent, the hotel manager attended my emails very well, was also available by phone and made sure to address any of my concerns. I called it at 9 pm to make a reservation for the day after, both at his Riad + taxi + food. Everything went perfectly as Laurent took care of everything with a lot of professionalism and positive attitude. The taxi received me at the airport with a document typed with my name on it, brought me straight to the Riad. Food was ready as expected and the room was spic and span and ready to receive us.
-> Upon arrival, one of the Riad staff (Hassan) was waiting for us with a trolley to bring our luggage to the Riad. He welcomed us in the main patio with a delicious mint tea (and brought our luggage upstairs in the meanwhile), gave us a map of Marrakech with the highlights worth to be visited (and you can trust their recommendation) and disappeared to give us the time to refresh ourselves.
-> At lunch time, he prepared our table on the rooftop terrace, decorated it very well (even with a rose) and served all food and drinks like in a restaurant.
-> Anytime, we could call Hassan and Maroud and they would help us with whichever request. Call the hammam/spa to make a reservation for us, ask where we could go and eat, book a taxi, etc.
-> The cleaning lady also did a wonderful job in cleaning and organizing our bedroom whilst we were having breakfast, so the room was clean and tidy upon our return to the room - who has ever experienced this type of service, even in a 5* hotel???
-> At night, they would warm up the living room with the open fire, light candles in the stairs, play some arabic music.
2/ BEAUTIFUL RIAD
I'll put some pictures on this website, cause a picture is worth a hundred words... but to add a few points
- The Riad was nicely decorated from the entrance (fresh roses in the entrance hall) up to the roof terrace (loved the open air couches, tables and long chairs)
- The Tangier suite was very nice and the bathroom spectacular, with a view over the sky. A dressing inside the bathroom, bathrobe, hairdryer
- The Riad would always smell nice and typical to Morocco thanks to the 'essential oils' burning around the house
- When we were coming back at night, candles would be lit in the stairs
- Rooms were decorated with 'westerner and oriental' style, making the stay very cosy
3/ GREAT LOCATION
Easy to find as it's just close to the Parking de la Prefecture, 2-5 min walk from Palais de la Bahia, 5-10 minutes walk from the main square, nice restaurants located close to Palais Bahia, etc. You'll get lost in the Souk anyway, but will always find it easy to find back Riad Mabrouka, especially by taxi (unlike other Riads lost in the middle of the souk)
Want to hear about some down sides too, so you see that I really try to be objective ;-)
- Just to manage your expectations as I read some negative feedback about this topic. Riad Mabrouka provides great service and location, great transport company (mini van with AC) for an appropriate value. If you're looking for an accommodation on a very cheap budget and are willing to sacrifice on overall quality, then Riad Mabrouka will probably not meet your expectations. No need to criticize them, just make sure that you book a cheap Riad to meet your budget expectations.
- Lunch and dinner are available at the Riad, but you need to book them the night before... If you look at it in a positive way, it means that your food will always be fresh unlike other locations ;-)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.