“In the outskirts of Marrakech” 3 of 5 stars

La Villa Bleue
97 Bd Moulay Abdellah, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #815 of 1,041 Marrakech B&B and Inns
hungary
“In the outskirts of Marrakech”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was really hard to find the place. We had to phone to find our way there. We had a good room (or suite) just by the pool. We were the only guests that day. We enjoyed the pool and the pool area as we were just passing by Marrakech this time.
I can assure you we had there the worst breakfast during our stay. It was the only place where we did not have real orange juice but something similar from a bottle for example. They gave us coffee but as my husband and my son wanted tea they charged extra for it!!! And I can assure you it wasn't the cheapest hotel we booked!

Room Tip: Try to have a room on the ground floor if you travel in the summer to avoid heat at night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

My family and I booked for a week at Villa Bleue for new year 2012 as its reviews on Booking.com and Trip Adviser were so encouraging.
I suspect the management has changed recently as it wasn't the magnificent stay I was expecting.
The description on Booking.com has also been embellished some what, the hotel offers a restaurant, bar, snack bar and 24 hour desk. None of these facilities were offered or made available for us throughout our stay.
It is also an hours walk to the medina not 10 minutes.
The continental breakfast was shocking! Consisting of coffee, cheap additive packed orange juice, bread, butter and jam and one microwaved pancake per person (we heard the 'ping' every morning).
The housekeeping was non existent, we had one set of towels for the week and repeatedly had to ask for toilet rolls.
Due to mix up with rooms (hotels fault) our children didn't get the room we booked and had to change rooms half way though our holiday.
Our stay wasn't all bad the Riads day to day man Mohammed was friendly and did his best with what can only be described as poor management.
Needless to say we won't be booking again for next year.

• Stayed December 2012
Darwen Lancs
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I booked with booking .com after reading the great reviews, since then they have got in a new manager and I personaly cant see them getting many more favourable reviews,
this is an extract from booking.coms webpage.
“located in central Marrakech, this air-conditioned riad is a 10-minute walk from Majorelle Gardens and Jamaâ El Fna Square”????. You could not possibly walk to the square in less than half hour and thats pushing it .more like 1 and a half with the kids ,we did it one way most days and got a taxi back about 10-15mins
“Enjoy local specialities in the lounge or on the terrace, which offers views of the medina. You can have a drink in the bar”?????
There isn’t a bar and there isn’t a restaurant and the only view is of the other rooftops and street .

“and a continental breakfast is prepared every morning at Riad Villa Bleue.”?
We got baguettes (usually stale) jam , butter, a microwaved pancake ,coffee and cheap orange juice every day. A few times we asked if we could have omelettes
They don’t have a 24hour front desk , snack bar or tour desk,
The swimming pool was green so out of use,
The pool room was also out of use,
I booked two premier rooms/suites with balconies ,both had been double booked , the manager blamed booking.com for the error,
So he put our family in a room between the kitchen and breakfast room that was pitch black with no outside windows (one window into the breakfast room the other into the garage) the lighting so bad I couldn’t see to shave, and the smell from the drains made us gag every time we went in, after four days we got moved to our suite,
My daughter and her husband ended up in a small room on the roof terrace they never got to see the room with balcony that I booked for her,
The manager offered me 4 nights free, then changes his mind and offered me the difference in price of the rooms, then changed his mind again and said the price for the suite had doubled since I booked it ( I booked in April) therefore I wasn’t entitled to any difference,
Then he made some lame excuse that I had broken the door handle on the bathroom I honestly believe he did it himself as it wasn’t like that when we left, and that we had made a small mark on the wall were I had moved the bed.
The first bed we had was also damaged when we moved in and he blamed that on us .
He also complained loudly about us drinking wine and beer on the roof terrace and in our rooms
The manager is an obnoxious, incompetent little man with no respect for his clients ,
This was all witnessed by the owners wife who said nothing and Mohammed who tried his best but struggled in the translation as no one else spoke English
On the plus side but he did say that I didn’t have to pay for the omelettes that we had ( I didn’t know I should have to pay) We thought they would have been included with the breakfast as nothing was said about payment at the time

Room Tip: try a different riad
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2010

Nestled on a quiet side street in walking distance to a number of restaurants. The staff were all very friendly and the hotel itself was clean with a great deal of charm and coziness. Breakfast was served each morning. Not the chain hotel experience at all.

The only two things I would point out are, 1) be sure to get the map from the hotel before you go as it's extremely difficult to find otherwise (yes, it's on a street in town with homes, but took our cab driver quite a while to find the address as we didn't have the map), and, 2) while this goes for Morocco in general, it is very helpful to speak either French or Arabic when visiting as the owner and most of the staff do not speak much or any English.

In summary: A very good choice for people who want a place with some personality.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
London, UK
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

Room was really nice, and stay was pleasant, but i cannot possibly recommend as we were subject to staff stealing things like makeup from our room (which i reported at the time), and a few weeks later i received a cell phone bill for £90 ($160) upon returning to the UK which was the same staff calling their local friends on my phone which i had left switched off in the room.

I emailed the owner repeatedly and finally got a response to offer vague apologies, to say that he'd sacked the staff, and to offer a discount on my next visit there. Er, no thanks.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

Had a 2 night stay here and the hospitality and sincerity of Patrick and his team were immense. The rooms were especially first class in all respects and after a long hard walk in the city and markets, there was even space to relax for a swim in the in-house pool. Mohammd was also extremely responsive and flexible when he whipped up 2 consecutive nights of great moroccan tajines fares as well. l

Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

Although hard to find La Villa Bleue was an island of peace in hectic Marrakech. The stall was excellent. Abiba, the person who cleaned and cooked for us, was amazingly friendlyand sweet. She took my wife to the local hamman in the souk and picked her up an hour and a half later and rode her back to the villa on the back of her moped. Ahmed (I think that was his name) served the meals and catered to other needs. The owner, Patrick, was not there during our stay but he had his friends run the place.

I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Villa Bleue? Share your experiences!