I spent a good month trawling TA for riads in Marrakech and felt completely overwhelmed by what should have been a fun experience. After comparing about 100, contacting owners to find out if they were free and trying to accomodate three people in one room, which proved slightly difficult, I finally settled for Dar Attajmil, based on its central location, close to the square, and good reviews.
On arriving with my mother and sister, we were delighted with what we found. I'm sure that all riads are much of a muchness, but we loved the decor, furniture and general ambiance. Our spacious room was immaculately clean and felt like a haven from the craziness of the souks. The sun terrace on the roof was the perfect place to relax after a day of sightseeing and shopping. But above all the staff were superb. Nothing was too much for them to organise to ensure we were having a good time.
We did the cookery course and would highly recommend it to anyone staying at the riad, as it involves going to a much more local market and then eating the dishes on the roof. We also had a hammam at the riad which was brilliant too.
All in all we had an absolutely wonderful time in Marrakech and it was all down to Riad Dar Attajmil.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 5 rooms Riad right in the heart of old Marrakech.We loved the Dar Attajmil, for all sorts of reasons: the excellent location, the cosy feel, the way it's cared for and, last but not least, the excellent price for what it has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Dar Attajmil reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Attajmil Marrakech
- Riad Dar Attajmil Hotel Marrakech